Thread for photos that 100% do not violate any Terms Of Service, not political, not too lewd, no gas price pics etc.

IMG_0696.JPG

oilBabe and I at the Battlehawks game this past Saturday. Ka-kaw!

I don't care for the revised winged logo Breitling uses. It resembles an open book rather than wings. I like the classic logo so much better but they even put the new logo on the classic version of the Navitimer.
Went to Breitling's website quickly and the 'open book' looks just like the AOPA emblem. Wonder if Breitling has a licensing agreement with them for the aviation themed watches?

Drove to New Bedford Harbor to see the staging point for the Vineyard Sound wind project. I am ambivalent to wind and the politics and posturing are distasteful, but the machinery, logistics and project scope are nothing less than impressive. These are the assembled powerheads(?) waiting to be loaded on barges. Note the size versus the person in the pic.

Can't get too close to the towers and barges w/ loaded blades, but the scale is almost unbelievable when you look at them.
View attachment 215596
View attachment 215597
Yeah, it's wild, this guy is standing beside what equates to 111.25MWe (354MWth)
Bruce Unit 2 SGs headed to storage.jpg

Non detergent Accel SAE30 API SA, that I purchased from Walmart in 2012 probably, still mostly full I think I had it in an little oil can mixed with thinner to drip on bike chains, I guess I'll use it to oil foam filters that's about all it's good for, for bearings now I only use API SB motor oil or AW68 or AW100 Anti-Wear hydraulic fluid since it has anti-oxidant additives, you want anti-oxidants in bearing oil just not detergents/dispersants, what I use is air compressor oil which I'm pretty sure is just AW68 sold in a more reasonable quantity.
1714076485303.jpg

1714076497909.jpg

Back