Thread for photos that 100% do not violate any Terms Of Service, not political, not too lewd, no gas price pics etc.

Morrow Mountain
1000014215.jpg

my mother had the T-Mobile razor phone and when she traded it in for her first ever smartphone the people were in such awe over how clean and pristine it was conditioned wise. I believe they took it back with them to Sprint or T-Mobile headquarters and it's displayed or kept. she got her first phone afterwards for literally nothing because they paid her credit for what the razor was at MSRP. I learned long time ago if you take care of things you would be surprised the amount of money someone else would put on it. Still had the box,manual,plug in,etc.

Must have come off the same paint line as the Lumina did (see sig). First the paint starts to fracture, then it starts to flake off. Then the rust just overwhelms the primer.
Happening to the roof of my '96 Cherokee too.

One day I'll have it fully painted.

Three 1/87 scale models. I feel like I'm not making any headway with cataloging my collection. I could easily open a scale car museum.

First off, so you get an idea of the scale. 1/87 is H0, which is a common tain model scale so there are countless vehicle models available.

From left to right:
1948 Ford Super DeLuxe Convertible by Mini Metals (metal mode)
1936 Chrysler Airflow Imperial Eight by Masterpiece (plastic model)
1942 Chrysler Town & Country Woody By Oxford/Schuco (metal model) I want to get a teardrop trailer for it but haven't found a nice one yet. Maybe I will make one. It would take 2 hours.

Three 1/87 scale models. I feel like I'm not making any headway with cataloging my collection. I could easily open a scale car museum.

First off, so you get an idea of the scale. 1/87 is H0, which is a common tain model scale so there are countless vehicle models available.

From left to right:
1948 Ford Super DeLuxe Convertible by Mini Metals (metal mode)
1936 Chrysler Airflow Imperial Eight by Masterpiece (plastic model)
1942 Chrysler Town & Country Woody By Oxford/Schuco (metal model) I want to get a teardrop trailer for it but haven't found a nice one yet. Maybe I will make one. It would take 2 hours.

Those are exquisite

I generally prefer most brands over Hothweels models with their exaggerated, scaled-down design features and crappy finish but I do make exceptions. And Only Hotwheels makes this model in this scale. I do love Bertone's Alfa Romeo Bat 9 concept from 1955. This model is in ca 1/60 scale.

Those are exquisite
Thank you. I can only take credit for choosing them. I used to custom-build models in this scale but I haven't done that since the time I regularly worked on projects with my son. It was an interesting hobby and I still have all the tools and supplies. It's just too time-consuming.

IMG_7001.jpeg

I have most of the Hot Wheels Ferrari offerings from ca1990s all still in the packages. Not sure why, just thought it was kinda neat when I was in the toy stores with my kids. Maybe I will give them to my grandson in 20 years if I'm still kicking. Only condition: keep them in the package. Not sure why.

IMG_7002.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 200967

I have most of the Hot Wheels Ferrari offerings from ca1990s all still in the packages. Not sure why, just thought it was kinda neat when I was in the toy stores with my kids. Maybe I will give them to my grandson in 20 years if I'm still kicking. Only condition: keep them in the package. Not sure why.

View attachment 200968
No boxes or blister packs for me unless I have duplicates which I often have. I got many models in display cases and even more in drawers and stashed away in boxes. I have an extraordinary amount of 1/87 scale models, many Matchbox-sized models, a good number of 1/43, some 1/24 and a few 1/18. I also have a bunch of 1/160. Caught a spider carrying off a 1/160 land Rover once.

Last edited:
I've ran across a lot of weird things over the years but never a whole Hyvee Apple Cinnamon Cream cake in front the Hyvee arena. Might feed it to the fishes eventually, no idea how long it's been there.
View attachment 200891
I see we travel the same road 🛣️. That is a neighborhood I wouldn't want to be in late at night. Or a mile or two on the KCMO side for that matter.

Hot wheels are 1/64 correct? Were not Matchbox from the 1960s same scale?
They were scaled to fit in the standard yellow-and-blue matchbox box. :ROFLMAO: There is not one scale. Passenger cars are mostly between 70 and 80mm long and thus vary in scale between roughly 1/90 and 1/60. So the models are generally not in scale with each other. That drove me nuts as a kid. Check this out: The bus and the taxi have a very similar size. I calculate the scale of the Imapala at 1/77 and the Leyland Royale Tiger Worldmaster at 1/150.

There was a King Size Series of Matchbox vehicles and they were roughly 1/50 plus minus a large variance. How was I supposed to play with that? :oops:

Last edited:
Back