Thread for photos that 100% do not violate any Terms Of Service, not political, not too lewd, no gas price pics etc.

Supposedly one of the first, if not the first “Jeep” built by Minneapolis Moline for the US Navy during WW2.
CB80DCA5-17E8-40B0-B88D-174E550A8118.jpeg

A few pics from last weekend's visit to Waterton Lakes National Park in Alberta. Good weather, fresh air and exercise, and mountain scenery made for a great weekend.

Waterton Lake in the evening. The level is down this time of year, this rocky beach was under water in the spring.
tempImageE9ANGV.jpg

It took us about 1.5 hrs to hike up to Lower Rowe Lake from the parking lot. Return trip was only an hour or so, downhill all the way back. Saw bear scat on the trail, but no bears. Very peaceful and quiet here.
tempImageYgG5vE.jpg

Looking down on the Prince of Wales hotel from the hike up Bears Hump trail. We were approx. 1/3 of the way up at this point. It's a steep trail with a 200m climb, but not too long at 2.8 kms. Took us 50 min to reach the top, and 30 min back down.
tempImageTc1cfa.jpg

Forgot to take a pic from the top, too busy catching my breath and enjoying the view. This last pic is from the web.
1663954072057.jpg

Trucker states truck will not move unless inter-axle lock is engaged.

I’ve seen how the driver drives this particular truck. Pops the clutch with WOT in every gear shift. And I was wondering why my Cummins/Allison flatbed truck has an aggressive torque management programming when flooring it at first gear.

A1A8B402-2BAA-4826-853E-5BAAC3D4976E.jpeg

Last edited:
I haven't had my favorite pizza in 6 weeks or so. A pizza Margherita and a Point Reyes porter from the Marin Brewing Company.

Driving on the Point Reyes Peninsula, there was an elk next to the road.

Heading toward the Point Reyes lighthouse.

Approaching the parking lot.

From here on it's on foot. There was a deer near the road.

Bambi decided to cross the road while impersonating Skippy.

From the access road, you have a great view of North and South Beach.

On the famous Leaning Tree are all sorts of things growing.

You are here. Can you spot the San Andreas Fault on the map?

Before you reach the 300-something steps that go down to the lighthouse you pass a cistern.

The Point Reyes Lighthouse of movie fame.

On the way back there were a few suicidal deer.

Back on Hwy 1, a coyote crossed the road in front of me.

Beautiful pics.

I have taken the 300 something steps. The air is so clean out there.

Cows dance in the open, green pastures. Great cheeses are produced.

Back