This is how computers get hi-jacked and/or viruses installed

Knowing you have been getting packages all week long for a project you have been doing and also knowing you have deliveries still coming in each of the the next three days, ALSO knowing one delivery was going to be returned to Amazon due to a unreadable shipping label the week before, some might have been tempted to click on this.

BTW - I didnt respond to the shipping label thing either even though at that time I was notified through my postal account and also AMAZON just wanted me to contact my local post office, I simply ordered another one from Amazon. BTW- I got two of the same items, since they figured out the shipping label and I just returned one. Deliveries are not my problem, they are the problem of the company delivering.

This is what takes down companies and homeowners. I got this in a text message this morning. Think about it, even the way it's worded. "Warehouse" "Wonderful day"
KEY IS NEVER CLICK ON A LINK, NEVER TAKE SERIOUS UNEXPECTED REQUESTS TO DO ANYTHING>
Check this out -

This was the "header" in my text messaging =
Screenshot 2023-09-28 at 10.29.38 AM.png

Message next to the header =
Screenshot 2023-09-28 at 10.18.19 AM.png

Last edited:
I get that garbage all day long and twice on Sundays.

Every 10,000th one or so one seems a bit more sophisticated. Like almost a real email. Plus I am so glad my mum stopped using the computer. Not only would she at 90 think they were real she would forward stuff. Now they just need to ignore the phone calls.

Here's a phun fact, sometimes phishing and spam are harder to spot on a phone than PC

Last edited:
So, let me get this straight--they have your email address but they don't have your physical address?

No that doesn't pass the smell test, neither does the URL (domain top?) nor the sender's address (outlook.com?)
I just corrected my post or should say added more info. It was a text message to me from an outlook email account.
No, certainly does not pass the smell test... ! *LOL*
Not only that, it is human nature to "want to know" I am sure they got their fair share of victims this morning.

My company gives training on how to spot these phishing attempts every year. I just took it a few days ago. Be careful out there.

Every 10,000th one or so one seems a bit more sophisticated. Like almost a real email. Plus I am so glad my mum stopped using the computer. Not only would she at 90 think they were real she would forward stuff. Now they just need to ignore the phone calls.

Here's a phun fact, sometimes harder to spot on a phone than PC
Agree, I dont get many in text messaging. I know you used to or still do ship all over.
I truly ignore anything I do not expect and if something I expect looks fishy I will look up a company or go to my account for information and never reply otherwise.
The text caught me for a second, only because I was just waking up and eager for my deliveries. But I never would have clicked on anything, was just a matter of going to my account from the merchant and USPS account.

Now they just need to ignore the phone calls.
I have a few elderly family members that used to answer random calls. I connected NoMoRobo to their house phone service through Comcasts portal. Apparently it relays all calls through a verification service. A LOT less bogus calls get through. You can also white list only a few phone numbers so nothing else gets through.

I also told them if you hear a foreign accent, hang up. "Hi this is Aiden from Security Department" CLICK.

My company gives training on how to spot these phishing attempts every year. I just took it a few days ago. Be careful out there.
Yeah, right before retiring I did a short "stint" to continue my health benefits until 65 at Wells Fargo, also before that a security company.
They are relentless *LOL* with testing you on phishing and I am talking to the point of not even clicking on any email that gets into the system from the outside.
My wife company does the same to her ALL the time. In her industry huge companies are held hostage to ransom payments to get their company back. I could name a name of a company of a product however small, that everyone most likely has in their home that paid such a ransom. Hint, they use this item to write on paper.

People making an online order enter their email address but may leave out parts of a physical address like apt number, north or south, etc. if they were in a hurry. Plausible.

Most of the time the website verifies the address after you input it, to make sure it's a deliverable address. If it it's not, you get to re-input it.

Also it claims to be from USPS, how would they get your email address yet not have your physical address?

Last edited:
We get these all the time . When you get an Amazon order once or twice a week and all of a sudden they say the delivery info is incomplete .... yeah I don't think so .

Never once, ever has USPS directly contacted me about a singular delivery

Yes I get daily from: USPS Informed Delivery email]>

And yes have filed an insurance claim or two (through stamps.com in the last decade plus)

Here's a phun fact, sometimes phishing and spam are harder to spot on a phone than PC
Pabs you are smarter than the average Tv watcher,You been around for a long time.

Emails and phone numbers get traded and sold like a commodity and/or stolen from another person's contact list who fell for the trick. I send out emails about it all the time to the company. Most people are good about it but the execs and department heads definitely get bombarded with fake stuff the most.

I have a few elderly family members that used to answer random calls.
My Mom will still answer almost all phone calls she gets and I've finally convinced her that she's allowed to hang up on people. I remind her that they're trying to take advantage of people and in many cases, steal $$$ from them. She now hangs up when the other person starts with "This is John from windows and your computer has a most serious problem. We will help right away." !! 🤪

Back