Thinking of getting a cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
We rescued this little guy, he was't sick his mom left the litter when they were only three weeks old. Our intension was to get him up to 8 weeks and find him a home but who could resist this little guy. He loves to snuggle.

IMG952018060595171900350.jpg

Our 9 year old Tabby still likes to play. He even gets wife's slug to play sometimes! She has claws and he does not on his front legs, we're glad they have it worked out, cuz she could rip him a new one! And luckily they get along. He never got along with any other cat. We've had some rescue kittens and all he did was hiss. Also had to keep son's cat for a few months while he was overseas and had to keep them in separate rooms the whole time. Wife got scratched pretty bad breaking them up twice. Crazy...but her Uncle that she had been caring for died and she was a feral cat that adopted them, so it wasn't going anywhere. (I have learned a few things since my last divorce)

https://youtu.be/ub8MhZIETh0

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Dave Sherman
Originally Posted by DuckRyder
Adopt a black one, they generally have a hard time getting adopted.

Yep. I had a 3 legged black cat who adopted his human when I walked by the pet adoption at Petsmart. He pawed at the window with his one front leg as I walked by, and after thinking "I don't need another cat... I don't need another cat", curiosity got the better of me and I felt sorry for the little guy since he was black and missing a leg. They got him out and darned if he didn't curl up in my lap and start purring away. He found his human. He was very friendly and got along with the other two cats. All they could tell me was that he was a stray and he'd been picked up with an injured leg, but they couldn't save it. He had no trouble getting around though; he loved chasing the laser pointer and he could keep up with the other two.

My cat (not a black cat) was not fond of people at all. When I went to look at cats, I saw her in a cage because she didn't get along with anyone or anything. I said I'd like to see her -- well she ran right up me and started licking my face. No one else would have adopted her. She does need her eyes washed a lot but she's a good cat. Doesn't get along with the dog or fiance's cats, so she gets the upstairs to herself.

I like cats most of the time. We currently have 4 and they are all outside cats since I'm allergic to them. They are all former barn cats that have become domesticated except for one.

What I don't like about them is that they climb all over the vehicles and have scratched them all up. They climbed up inside the engine compartment of my fiancee's then new 2017 F150 and tore up the foam cover on top of the passenger side valve cover. I know it was them because I saw one jump up inside the engine compartment and when I lifted the hood, there were three cats sitting on top of the engine. There is also cat hair everywhere under the hood.

They have tore up several of my grill covers with their claws and [censored] all over them. They have scratched up my Mustang so bad that I would like to kill them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back