Thinking about adding Banks to my truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about adding Banks power pack to my Ford Power stroke. is it worth the money and time to do it or is their something better out there?
Thanks

Without commenting on the Power Stroke application specifically, what I have read over the years is that people are quite satisfied with the performance, but the ones who are familiar with similar parts from different sources say the Banks parts are unreasonably high priced.

friends got a powerstroke with some banks goodies, a bigger turbo, intercooler, piping, exhaust and a nifty gadget called dial a boost.

a little knob on the dash with 4 presets stock-faster-faster-fastest

its pretty neat because the fastest setting consumed the most fuel but makes the most power, stock consumed the least fuel but makes the least power, so you dial up enough boost as you need to get the job done.
his truck is a dualie with 4 wheel drive and he does 4 wheel burnouts down the street, its impressive.

Banks is not the best value for the HP gained. Do a Google on "ford diesel performance forum" and you should come across some guys who can steer you in the right direction.

I know next to nothing about Diesels, but saw a show one late night on Speed tv where some guys had added toys like this AND propane injection. Dually (can't even remember the make) could spin the tires at will.

Dave

thanks mrchecker I will do that and let you know how it goes.

grin.gif

Diesel performance is just sick. I've seen a few at the local tracks in my area, Cummins, that had custom made tubular equal length turbo manifolds with external wastegates, with HKS/Garret GT Series ball bearing turboes that were HUGE, like CART race car style. One of those Dodges was running low 12s at 6,000 feet above sea level
shocked.gif
That's enough to slaughter pretty much 99.999999999999% of the fastest sports cars on the street.

One of my buddies has a Cummins Dually 6 speed that his boss got for his work truck. I can't comment on all of Banks stuff, but we installed the Hypertech power programmer, a cold air intake kit, and a 4 inch downpipe with a magnaflow 4 inch exhaust. The truck now will pretty much KILL our friends 98 Mustang GT 5 speed with bolt-ons
shocked.gif
We're going to order a different programmer from another company (I forgot the name), that has about 5 different power settings, plus it has all the crucial gauge functions built into the display including EGT. It also reads 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times. Adding power goodies to diesels is freakin amazing. They just go like stink, whooping up unsuspecting sports cars and stuff
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back