these glass cleaning cloths work?

I've never used those, it's difficult to know how good of quality they are. I'd order glass cleaning cloths off of a car detailing website like Adams Car Care or Griots Garage. Wal-Mart sells Zwipes that work well. If they're cheap enough go for it. As someone who has detailed quite a few cars if you order them make sure you wash them with unscented detergent, The Hex Detergent works well, and no fabric softener.

Certain ones do work as advertised but while they clean the modern greasy interior of a car window they also rapidly go from white to black and are hard to wash out themselves

Those types of window rags work great. Use one side to clean the window with window cleaner, and the dry side to give it a final wipe down.

Or for the final wipe down, using a regular microfiber towel (the short fiber side) works great too.

Another vote for waffle weave towels to clean glass. And I always use a 2nd low nap microfiber to do a final buff after cleaning.

I have the most success using Blue Surgical Towels ("Huck") towels. Make sure you don't use fabric softener in any form. Using white distilled vinegar in the wash (add to the liquid fabric softener dispenser) and wash your glass towels by themselves if possible.

I have switched to dedicated waffle weave towels specifically for window cleaning. I find that conventional microfiber towels often leave a very fine lint on the glass while the waffle weave ones don't.

As others have mentioned, how you care for your detailing towels is critical. I use just a touch of unscented liquid laundry detergent and set the machine for two rinse cycles. The towels rarely are dirty enough for harsh cleaning since they are only used for drying the car and cleaning the windows. And no fabric softener. Ever.

Squeegee is a game changer. Car glass, house glass, mirrors, interior, exterior, after car wash, etc.

I have the most success using Blue Surgical Towels ("Huck") towels. Make sure you don't use fabric softener in any form. Using white distilled vinegar in the wash (add to the liquid fabric softener dispenser) and wash your glass towels by themselves if possible.
*What type of detergent brand from the store to buy for car towels (especially for glass usage) ?

*What type of detergent brand from the store to buy for car towels (especially for glass usage) ?
I use Kirkland or Tide branded "pods" in our HE (High Efficiency) washer with a scoop of Oxi-Clean HE powder. The vinegar mentioned above is added to the Liquid Fabric softener compartment. I also make sure to run a couple of extra rinses and then I use the air-dry function to dry the towels.

I mentioned KD Cloths 2-3 yrs ago on this site as I really liked them and said then I will never go back to sprays/paper towels/rags when cleaning my vehicles windows and that still holds true today. Imo, these are the cat's *ss. Perfect for cleaning residence windows too. Just wet, wring out and wipe. It's about as simple and easy as it gets.

Back