Thermostat brands?

Wondering what are good brands for a stock replacement thermostat these days? My 2011 is taking longer and longer to warm up and single it’s due for a coolant drain I figure it would be a good time to replace the thermostat as well.

I can get a motorcraft but it’s roughly twice the price of something like a motorad or stant. Is it worth the cost? Should Ijust go with whatever the local parts storehas in stock?

Those cheaper brands have been in business for years selling their product, so I would go for what ever is easiest and cheapest to get. Ford buys them from somebody, who knows for sure. Hope it's not from china.,,

Wondering what are good brands for a stock replacement thermostat these days? My 2011 is taking longer and longer to warm up and single it’s due for a coolant drain I figure it would be a good time to replace the thermostat as well.

I can get a motorcraft but it’s roughly twice the price of something like a motorad or stant. Is it worth the cost? Should Ijust go with whatever the local parts storehas in stock?
OEM.

OEM. Stant is decent in a pinch.

for many European cars, Mahle(Behr) or BorgWarner(Wahler) is available on the aftermarket, Stant now has “OE Exact” for Japanese and Korean cars.

OEM from dealer/reputable vendor and absolutely nothing else for such a critical part

"Stant is decent in a pinch." Yeah, in a PINCH.

ANECDOTE: Had to buy a Stant whilst in the mountains for an '03 Camry.
When it opened, part of it scraped and hung up within its cavity.
The old lady owner (neighbor) got an emergency email from the company who's transponder was plugged into her OBD.
It scared the heck out of her and I had to rush to replace the thermostat with a Toyota one.
OEM is what I would've used had I not been far, far away.

I know about Wahler from the Volvos and Saabs. They're OK. They're "OES", Original Equipment Supplier.

Ever hear you get what you pay for?

I used to be a fan of Stant, but I had Stant fail in my Jeep after 6 years (guess it was due), so I put another Stant in and it still kept overheating! Turns out the replacement Stant I bought was bad. I ended up with a motorad and it was fine.

BR3Z-8575-E is the p/n for the thermostat and the seal is BR3Z-8255-A. If you take the housing off the water pump, that seal is 7T4Z-8590-A. Also take a close look at the Y shaped hose on the other side of the housing the t-stat sits in, that leaks a lot on the Coyotes.

Back