The Top 25 Overrated Singers Of All Time

I'm not a fan of Bruce Springsteen but he recently struck a deal with Sony and sold his master recordings and music publishing rights to them for $500 million so I guess being a good singer doesn't matter .
Bob Dylan signed a like deal.

It amazes me an organization would pay nine figures for the Bob Dylan master recordings and music publishing rights. Aren't the vast majority of people who like Bob Dylan in the grave, or old like me and doesn't spend money on anything, to include music?

I never could stand the sound of Micheal Jacksons voice
Agreed.

There is no doubt that he was a very talented entertainer, and had very good vocal skills, I could never stand the pitch of his voice. To me, it seemed as though he felt he had to keep the same voice he had when he was a little 8-10 year old kit. His voice never grew up.

To this day, when a Michael Jackson song comes on the radio, I have to change the station. That voice just grates on my nerves.

Bob Dylan signed a like deal.

It amazes me an organization would pay nine figures for the Bob Dylan master recordings and music publishing rights. Aren't the vast majority of people who like Bob Dylan in the grave, or old like me and doesn't spend money on anything, to include music?
So many singers to this day try to imitate Dylan's voice as they did in the 60s. So many Lennon and Dylan imitator's (not many Jagger imitators that I can think of). There's a really good garage band compilation called "It's a Zimmerman's World" that compiles some Dylan sound-a-likes. I've got a few 2000s era alternative cds where they blatantly imitate Dylan. Really good modern day folk rock (y)

"Overrated" means that critics rate the person a good singer but audiences disagree. Did anyone (with the possible exception of John Lennon) ever rate Yoko a good singer?
I always think of "overrated" when radio stations constantly shove their music down your throat and "demand" that you like it per se.

1: Yoko Ono
2: John Lennon
3: Bruce Springsteen
4: Bruce Springsteen
5-25: Bruce Springsteen
You have obviously never been to a live Bruce Springsteen show/concert. If so, you would have a different opinion of him. I saw him live only once and it made me a lifelong fan. It didn't hurt that I saw him at the legendary "Bomb Scare Show" at the Uptown Theater in Milwaukee in 1975. I have never seen anything like this in all the live shows that I have ever seen. They blew me away. To this day Bruce says that this was his bands best show.

So many singers to this day try to imitate Dylan's voice
How do these many singers do that.... fill their mouths with dry white rice, spit out what they can, and then sing??

Dylan is a carnival barker. He'd make a very like replacement for Mike Lindell, selling pillows on cable TV. Or Dylan could be the next generation of Joe Isuzu for commercials.

You guys do know that it is a "store bought" butt don't you?
You sure? She's had a nice rear since pretty much forever, even back in the Anaconda days. She's a Latina, they do tend to be inclined toward full and attractive rears. Now, the Minaj? Her rear (and chest) are absolutely Fisher Price, but I'd be surprised if J-Lo got her butt "enhanced" as she's never had anything done up top.

My aunt and uncle actually ran into Michael Bolton in Acapulco one time. They ended up going out and partying together. Said he was a really cool and humble guy.

I would never have thought any on that list were "great" singers, most are untrained and their voices go down hill fast with age. I would disagree about Bono though. He says he hates his own voice but he has steadily improved as a singer since The Joshua Tree and managed to acquire a proper falsetto technique during the Zoo TV era. He also apparently drinks his face off as many Irishmen do and still can sound pretty good in his 60's, this according to Noel Gallagher, who is one of his friends but says he has to escape him and go into rehab after spending any time around the Bono...
You'd be amazed what an "untrained" singer can manage.

(Yes-Meat Loaf is entirely self-taught. The opening of Rock And Roll Hero is accurate.)

Last edited:
Madonna was the first mainstream female entertainer to make it really big with the promotion of the "bad girl" image. She was good at promotion of that stuff and her image, and made many lifetimes of money selling that sctich. Her gig was quite the achievement, and she rang the registers and still does with royalties. I would rather clean atikovi's kitchen after a transmission rebuild than listen to a Madonna song.

Cyndi Lauper is a fun, lightweight entertainer. She is generally not offensive on her entertainment. I would much rather sit next to Cyndi Lauper on a flight than Madonna. But I would much rather go in a date with Ginger than Mary Ann.
Not offensive. Uhh...you DO know what one of her best known songs was about...right?

Back