The Top 25 Overrated Singers Of All Time

LOL I went back to my post earlier but couldn't figure out what it was about it that was bothering me. It just didn't seem right... Yeah, you're right.... The radio interview was Cindy Lauper. Thanks for the catch!
Reminds me of the scene in "The Dirt" with the Corvette just before Razzle ends up dead and he's talking about Boy George and "The Lauper".
1663351052741.jpg

Agree, she was a drop dead gorgeous no talent prop that “played” a Tambourine and Mick Fleetwood knew she could sell concert tickets and that the other members could prop her up.
How do you explain her success post Fleetwood Mac? It's not her looks....now. Can you sing the song Rhiannon?

IF you can please post audio file.

My complaint about Axl Rose is that his band is STILL in heavy rotation on classic rock radio in Chicago..... Almost exclusively from the Appetite for Destruction album which was released 35 years ago! An album that marked the peak of their success which has been steeply downhill ever since.
talk about SCARY as HECK!!! Seriously does not seem like that could already be 35 years.

Can you sing the song Rhiannon?
Probably as good as Stevie Nicks, but my Bassett Hound is absolutely better than her! Thanks for the post, it just reinforced my opinion of her no talent self after about 10 seconds of listening! :sick: Christine McVie made her look like the wannabe she actually was in every Fleetwood Mac performance they were ever in! Truth be known the only reason she lasted was because of her looks and her relationship with Lindsay Buckingham but certainly not her gravelly voice. Maybe it was her ability to play a Tambourine! 🤪

Probably as good as Stevie Nicks, but my Bassett Hound is absolutely better than her! Thanks for the post, it just reinforced my opinion of her no talent self after about 10 seconds of listening! :sick: Christine McVie made her look like the wannabe she actually was in every Fleetwood Mac performance they were ever in! Truth be known the only reason she lasted was because of her looks and her relationship with Lindsay Buckingham but certainly not her gravelly voice. Maybe it was her ability to play a Tambourine! 🤪
You have to listen to more than the first ten seconds. It's actually her unique voice that makes her stand out. You still haven't answered the question about her VERY SUCCESSFUL post Fleetwood Mac career.

Guys who crawl underneath their car to save $40.00 really like to bag on those who make millions with their "bad" -no talent voices.

I see what you did there! 😁

You have to listen to more than the first ten seconds. It's actually her unique voice that makes her stand out. You still haven't answered the question about her VERY SUCCESSFUL post Fleetwood Mac career.

Guys who crawl underneath their car to save $40.00 really like to bag on those who make millions with their "bad" -no talent voices.
Believe me…I’ve heard it hundreds of times over the last 40 years and I knew what was coming so I bailed! Kim Carnes had a unique raspy/gravelly voice that was very pleasing, not the “ finger nails on the blackboard “ effect of Stevie Nicks. As far as post Fleetwood Mac success…IDK…kinda like Mick Jagger and the Stones performing to sold out crowds for a half century, or the success of Maroon Five. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. I don’t begrudge the money these people have made over the decades, I just can’t see how so many people can throw so much good money after bad for such mediocre entertainment. Oh….I retired 8 years ago and everything I own is paid for, and I haven’t crawled underneath a car in years.

My complaint about Axl Rose is that his band is STILL in heavy rotation on classic rock radio in Chicago..... Almost exclusively from the Appetite for Destruction album which was released 35 years ago! An album that marked the peak of their success which has been steeply downhill ever since.
Yeah it’s played a lot in the North East too. It’s obviously a great album (that I’m sick of hearing too).

The first time I saw her I thought she was HOT (still due regarding her age and lots of makeup). And I liked her voice.
She has always been a bimbo since day one though.
I didn’t really realize that until I saw her live, and then I witnessed what everyone was talking about. She’s a nut case.

... my favorite band of all-time is Boston. I even have their logo as part of a tattoo. :cool:
Brad lived down the street from me and saw him at the Plaistow Market Basket grocery store now and then decades ago. Man what a voice - it's like he had built in, organic antares. Then there was Sholtz amazing guitar.

Not my taste in music, But I can imagine a big fan base.

I didn't know Bob Dylan was ever "rated" as a singer so I don't know how he can be overrated. Good thing there are other things about his music. But some of my personal list of singers that I absolutely can't stand even 10 seconds of include:

Stevie Nicks. Bleats like a goat
Steven Tyler
Brian Johnson
Kurt Cobain
Eddie Vedder
Bruce Springsteen
Freddie Mercury
Dennis DeYoung
Geddy Lee
Jeff Lynne

Most of those on the original post list I never heard of or at least don't think I ever heard any of their songs.

1: Yoko Ono
2: John Lennon
3: Bruce Springsteen
4: Bruce Springsteen
5-25: Bruce Springsteen
I'm not a fan of Bruce Springsteen but he recently struck a deal with Sony and sold his master recordings and music publishing rights to them for $500 million so I guess being a good singer doesn't matter .

Back