The Top 25 Overrated Singers Of All Time

Many sing and have very good voice, timbre and range - but they may not perform

I can enjoy a great performer with a pedestrian voice but good phrasing and emotion

List can be stupid and flawed - unless its a shopping list

I am not a giant U2 fan but BONO should not be on there. The Unforgettable Fire is a masterpiece.

Dylan - certainly not a good voice but one of the top 5 songwriters/poets of the 20th century.
Throwing him on this list is just moronic. But lots of morons about these days.

I think Stevie Nicks sound like bleating sheep. Sub her for the two I mentioned above.

Some of those on the list were prolific songwriters-- writing a great song does give you the right to sing it badly at least once.

Wild list, I definitely agree about J-Lo, she can't sing, but she's very attractive and somebody decided she should have a singing career so here we are. That's the case for a lot of pop stars, it's all about the look, talent is optional.

I heard part of a radio interview she did back in the 80s..... She didn't realize the mikes were on, so she was talking normally. Suddenly she realized she was on the air and switched to her "in character" voice. You know, the "Girls just wanna have fun" voice. It was like a night and day difference!
Why would Madonna be in character imitating Cindy Lauper's voice? :LOL:

Madonna was the first mainstream female entertainer to make it really big with the promotion of the "bad girl" image. She was good at promotion of that stuff and her image, and made many lifetimes of money selling that sctich. Her gig was quite the achievement, and she rang the registers and still does with royalties. I would rather clean atikovi's kitchen after a transmission rebuild than listen to a Madonna song.

Cyndi Lauper is a fun, lightweight entertainer. She is generally not offensive on her entertainment. I would much rather sit next to Cyndi Lauper on a flight than Madonna. But I would much rather go in a date with Ginger than Mary Ann.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, that doesn't always mean it's good. It means the masses are morons who will throw money at anything. Look at the people who buy Nissan vehicles as a good example.
Yea-Sure. Who's your favorite artist? You know-to see where you are coming from.

Yea-Sure. Who's your favorite artist? You know-to see where you are coming from.

Are you suggesting that people don't throw money at anything? Look at Bhad Bhabie or Cardi B as examples.

Not that it really matters in the grand scheme of things since music and musical taste is 100% subjective but my favorite band of all-time is Boston. I even have their logo as part of a tattoo. :cool:

Are you suggesting that people don't throw money at anything? Look at Bhad Bhabie or Cardi B as examples.

Not that it really matters in the grand scheme of things since music and musical taste is 100% subjective but my favorite band of all-time is Boston. I even have their logo as part of a tattoo. :cool:
Well Boston is a good choice for favorite band!

LOL I went back to my post earlier but couldn't figure out what it was about it that was bothering me. It just didn't seem right... Yeah, you're right.... The radio interview was Cindy Lauper. Thanks for the catch!

I think Stevie Nicks sound like bleating sheep. Sub her for the two I mentioned above.
Agree, she was a drop dead gorgeous no talent prop that “played” a Tambourine and Mick Fleetwood knew she could sell concert tickets and that the other members could prop her up.

Back