The Oil filter that adds HP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this on another forum, and I'd thought I'd share it.

I couldn't find any similar posts here, so I'll assume that most havent learned about this must have marvel of filter technology.

"TRUFILTER, lifetime direct replacement washable oil filter (Think K+N) is designed from 6061 T6 Billet aluminum, and has a 1500 lb crush rate. The washable filter is a deep pleated, duplex woven, 35 micron surgical T304 stainless steel filter for superior washablity. A self sufficient, environmentally friendly oil filter creates more horsepower and extends oil change intervals from 3000 to 7000 miles................"

http://powertown.com/product.asp?id=29325

To think I've been wasting my money on HP robbing filters!
dunno.gif
gr_eek2.gif
lol.gif

"Adding performance parts to your vehicle's engine creates more pressure in the oil filter causing your oil filter to swell and compress, damaging oil seals and putting large stress figures on your oil pump. Average HP gains are 5-6."

Yea, that intake system with the air filter next to the upper radiator hose is causing such a hp gain that it's stressin the oiling system!
rolleyes.gif

I I I I don't know what to say
pat.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Gary Allan:
Feel the POWER!!

The general consensus is that if you had a bypass filter this would probably be fine ..but @ $150
shocked.gif
dunno.gif

You'd definately have to change out those bypass filters on a accelerated schedule as they would be forced to pick up all the extra particles that would have been picked up by any normal filter.

Why even bother with putting a filter on then?

Why not just put a empty canister on?

That is nothing!!! I can show you how adding decals to your car can add 10-20 HP!!

I have a cheap wing that when set up to create lift at the rear of the car will put more force on the front wheels!

I will teach you how to milk young kids of $250-$500 for parts that will do next to nothing for their cars. All parts are easy bolt on parts!

Just some of the HP parts every young kids needs that will do almost nothing for them unless they first do serious engines mods!!

1) Cat back exhaust(behind wich cat's)
2) Cold Air Kit
3) Rear Wing
4)8mm+ Wires
5)Wires with a ground strap
6) HO coil
7)Hypertech tuning chip
8)Vornado
9)Electric fan for intake(so called turbo charger)
10) Magnetic Fuel Conditioner
11) Cheap poorly installed ground kit
12)Biger Fuel rail
13) Larger Injectors
14)Variable regulator

Could go on but will stop here! Now most of the above items can really help once things like forced induction, Oxidizers, different cam's, inductiion work like manifold or head work, custom ECM flash or stand alone ECM, different bore, stroke and compression ratio etc.....

The money these kids save on do nothing or next to nothing parts could be put toward real HP parts or class's in automotive trade schools!

Glad I got all that off my chest!!! I used to enjoy inport tuning but can not stand poser ricers! They are like the kid that had the best skate gear but just walked around carrying it! That is to say they just were not the real deal!

quote:

They are like the kid that had the best skate gear but just walked around carrying it! That is to say they just were not the real deal!

But when he walked anywhere ...he did indeed "Bringith the Blingith"
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back