The Oil Filter Samaritan

Status
Not open for further replies.
As most BITOG members here know, a few members here have donated oil to me for myself, but , more so for people in my apt. complex that are disabled and/or elderly. I live in a complex that is for disabled and/or elderly.
A couple of weeks ago BITOG member bullwinkle PM'ed me and said he had a few oil filters that he would like to donate. Well, they arrived this past Thursday but, I was at a doctors appt. and the mail lady said she would deliver them today, Saturday. When they arrived, I said, "WOW, that's a big box of filters!"
I want to thank you bullwinkle, from the bottom of my heart! The people in my complex, and others around my area that are less fortunate, will be happy as well!
I made a statement in another post about the BITOG members are kind, caring, and compassionate. This is a great example!
6s3s4k.jpg

mvnm9h.jpg

2434xu0.jpg

DriveWorks oil filters are half off
(I paid $1.85)
at Advanced Auto Parts....

get a $10 off $20 purchase coupon...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
I have found vehicles to use ALL of the filters on, except for 1; the Driveworks DW-4631. It states that it's threaded 13/16-16 UN SPECIAL, but I can't think of a vehicle with this size filter nipple. Anyone out there in oil filter land know?
21.gif

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/driveworks-oil-filter-dw-4631/10056148-P#fragment-2

The DW-4631 crosses over to a Fram PH5, so look at the "Applications where used" for where the PH5 fits, and that will be your list for the DW-4631.

http://fram.com/Search-Parts/Part-Detail?PN=PH5&CP=DW-4631

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
I have found vehicles to use ALL of the filters on, except for 1; the Driveworks DW-4631. It states that it's threaded 13/16-16 UN SPECIAL, but I can't think of a vehicle with this size filter nipple. Anyone out there in oil filter land know?
21.gif

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/driveworks-oil-filter-dw-4631/10056148-P#fragment-2

The DW-4631 crosses over to a Fram PH5, so look at the "Applications where used" for the PH5 fits and that will be your list for the DW-4631.

http://fram.com/Search-Parts/Part-Detail?PN=PH5&CP=DW-4631

Thank you Z06!
thumbsup2.gif

Also equiv to Wix 51060. Their catalog shows GM light trucks, two Hummers, one Isuzu. You can go to the Wix site and review all applications with the Wix # I provided.

Originally Posted By: JayhawkRoy
Also equiv to Wix 51060. Their catalog shows GM light trucks, two Hummers, one Isuzu. You can go to the Wix site and review all applications with the Wix # I provided.

Thank you JayhawkRoy!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: JayhawkRoy

Thank you JayhawkRoy!
thumbsup2.gif

It will fit most GM 350 V8s. I got a '97 GMC Savana that takes it.

you do the oil changes yourself for them? is there any specific part numbers you need for someone's car/truck, that you're missing? If it's in my stash, i can send to you.

I have ten quarts 10W30 and ten 5W-30 QSUD,
along with four Fram 3600 and two 3614 equivalents,

Once the weather breaks,
I will head over to a Summer Camp for Kids,
and change the oil in all their lawn equipment...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Hessam
you do the oil changes yourself for them? is there any specific part numbers you need for someone's car/truck, that you're missing? If it's in my stash, i can send to you.

I can't do any labor because of my disability. My cousin and a few friends do all of the labor. I do the parts running, sit in the vehicles and Armor-All (clean) the interiors, and usually put in some money to buy extra parts or misc. items we need.
Right off hand I can't think of anything we need. Word of us doing this is posted on our community bulletin board. Or, one tenant will tell another tenant, etc.
I really do appreciate your kindness and will remember you in the future if things get to where we can't handle it. So far, 95% of the OCI's we have done were by donations I have received from BITOG members. BITOG members are the best! Thanks to all that have donated and to those that have offered.
smile.gif

Like i said before...should you ever need anything let us know. I think its great what you guys do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back