The most unexpected candy ever sold in a airport?

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Saw this for sale at DFW airport. Still blows my mind not only this a candy- but it is for sale at a major airport of all places. Maybe a art supply store.... but DFW airport? Along with being a painter with a cult like follow in some circles, Bob Ross was a Air Force Vet and retired as a MSG..

My guess the candy buyer for HMS Host has a thing for Bob Ross... ❤️

PXL_20210823_192432363.jpg

Last edited:
I'm used to stuff that you kind of expect. Around here it's See's and Ghirardelli.

17193608_4u8-toOZk32limBtEl6zn7bm2DuAh2XCGvYrYeGQKog.jpg

Long story - but I used to spend a lot of time at SFO when I was kid. This was at a time when anyone could go past security and they never checked anyone for a ticket. They sold Parisian sweet and sourdough French bread there.

As for bizarre candies, I'm not sure there's anything airport specific about that. I've seen scorpion and meal worm lollipops at specialty candy stores before.

Maybe not an unexpected candy, but all three major airports in the San Francisco Bay Area have Gordon Biersch and their garlic fries. That might be unexpected to the person sitting next to someone who just consumed them.

The Joy of Painting was filmed here in Muncie at Ball State on WIPB.
Anything associated with Ball U. tends to be great!

I'm a born Hoosier. It's a great place to be FROM, LOL. Indiana is actually o.k. and southern Indiana is remarkably hilly, forested, and beautiful.

Maybe not an unexpected candy, but all three major airports in the San Francisco Bay Area have Gordon Biersch and their garlic fries. That might be unexpected to the person sitting next to someone who just consumed them.

Correction. Oakland apparently lost its location, and a ton of their non-airport locations were closed.

Saw this for sale at DFW airport. Still blows my mind not only this a candy- but it is for sale at a major airport of all places. Maybe a art supply store.... but DFW airport? Along with being a painter with a cult like follow in some circles, Bob Ross was a Air Force Vet and retired as a MSG..

My guess the candy buyer for HMS Host has a thing for Bob Ross... ❤️

View attachment 68699
Bob Ross is the man, I used to watch old episodes of The Joy of Painting with my dog Sadie during thunderstorms as his demeanor and voice would calm her down. Colleague of mine has two original paintings from his Alaska days.

Back