The Fun Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: spasm3
Originally Posted By: PimTac
I would also consider the Mazda CX-9. That turbo 2.5 has a lot of torque.

I'm betting in a few years there will be a cx-9 to cx-5 turbo swap.

Before that the CX-X will be out.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
I would also consider the Mazda CX-9. That turbo 2.5 has a lot of torque.

I'm betting in a few years there will be a cx-9 to cx-5 turbo swap.

Before that the CX-X will be out.

I meant in the aftermarket Wrecked cx-9 engine transplants.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Your boss buys used cars, keeps them for five years and either breaks even or makes money? And now he is doing the same with mercedes. What kind of accountant is he?

The fun kind.
confused2.gif

Curious as to what ten or fifteen grand would buy you in a Land Crusher, whether badged as a Toyota or a Lexus.
These things weren't cheap new and weren't made in any great volume, so I'd think that kind of coin would cover only a pretty ragged out and well used example.

Originally Posted By: maxdustington
Originally Posted By: 2002 Maxima SE
Those Land Cruisers are not that interesting in comparison to the old ones. If you want one import a tough one or buy an old one. That will put you in the poor house with bad mileage. Those ones have always struck me as a Japanese Range Rover. I understand they are probably pretty capable off road, but they are too decadent for me to take seriously.

Subarus are boring, If you are willing to drop the $40k get a Tahoe.

Such a strange vehicle comparison, lol.

Don't forget the Taurus wagon is my favorite...making it even stranger-er.
smile.gif

This is BITOG buddy, that generation of Taurus is loved around here, almost as much as a GM W Body with a 3.8 in Buick livery.

I liked the DOHC engine in the Taurus. I think that stopped after 2005 and a wagon is hard to find with the DOHC engine. There's still the Sable though, those usually had the Duratec engine.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: 2002 Maxima SE
Those Land Cruisers are not that interesting in comparison to the old ones. If you want one import a tough one or buy an old one. That will put you in the poor house with bad mileage. Those ones have always struck me as a Japanese Range Rover. I understand they are probably pretty capable off road, but they are too decadent for me to take seriously.

Subarus are boring, If you are willing to drop the $40k get a Tahoe.

Such a strange vehicle comparison, lol.

Don't forget the Taurus wagon is my favorite...making it even stranger-er.
smile.gif

This is BITOG buddy, that generation of Taurus is loved around here, almost as much as a GM W Body with a 3.8 in Buick livery.

I liked the DOHC engine in the Taurus. I think that stopped after 2005 and a wagon is hard to find with the DOHC engine. There's still the Sable though, those usually had the Duratec engine.

My 2000 is a DOHC. I got lucky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back