The Decline Of Rock Auto

I have had issues trying to get ahold of RA for returns or warranty concerns and have not purchased from them lately. Not saying that I won’t buy from them again as my total experience has been positive. However I have noticed a huge decline in service.

The problem I have with Rock Auto is the shipping cost especially when they are shipping from multiple warehouses and the lack of quality parts for many vehicles, they do offer a lot of trash for short money but it is not worth buying.
I mostly buy Elements 3 calipers, rotors and pads from them the rest is usually coming from the dealer at close to the same price or lower and they bring it to my door the same day if its in stock or the next day usually before 9 am.

When I need something for one of my vehicles, I start at RA to get part numbers, then do online pricing. The RA price is almost always cheapest but the shipping tips the scale toward Amazon, eBay, Advance, etc. Sometimes RA comes out on top, but not often.

I've used them quite frequently. I've noticed shipping has gotten insane, but that seems to be across the board everywhere. I've only had two issues with RockAuto orders, and one was the fault of the shipping company. Both were handled immediately.
$6 diesel will do that...

When I need something for one of my vehicles, I start at RA to get part numbers, then do online pricing. The RA price is almost always cheapest but the shipping tips the scale toward Amazon, eBay, Advance, etc. Sometimes RA comes out on top, but not often.
When I need more than 1 item, they almost always ship from different warehouses so you get dinged separate shipping for each item.

With my discounts the parts I order cost me no more than $10 over what I would pay Rock Auto and Advance Auto doesn't treat me like dirt.

I am sure there was a time when Rock Auto might have been good but now I just want them to close their doors and stop wasting people's time.

You must not buy anything over $20. :LOL: Half joking but seriously, unless the part is low cost and shipping eats it up, local stores usually don't come close even with a 20% off coupon and they're like dealing with some hybrid zombie half-human thing. The only exception in my area is Napa, but they aren't a lot better.

No issues here. I bought the rear brake "kit" (rotors/pads/hardware kit) for the Wife's Armada a month or so ago, no issues, arrived in 3 days I think.

My only complaint would be that I can't log on and order several things for our 5 vehicles because they don't all ship from the same warehouse and I'm not paying sep shipping charges for 3 boxes.

I find pretty much everything has been going downhill lately. Tried to check into a hotel lately? Eat at a restaurant or fast food place? Get building materials?

Lack of labor is making everything go downhill.

Ive ordered a few things lately and been OK, stuff was too much cheaper. exact same part was 100 bucks less even after they gouged the shipping... They had Sachs strut mounts for the Acura in case the KYB never show up too.

As others have noted, I have had zero problems dealing with rockauto.com I did have to return a part in the last year or two that was broken from the factory. I had zero problems with rockauto in getting a replacement. They paid for return shipping and as soon as they were notified by UPS of the box being in their possession, rockauto shipped a new part to me, freight free.

A few weeks back I ordered 6 Wix oil filters and a Gates serpentine belt and compared to what I would have paid at O'Reilly, I saved close to 50% even with shipping included. Also, I always comparison shop before ordering from anyone! Sometimes I save the most by getting some parts from rockauto, a part or two from Amazon, and the rest locally. Like they say, it pays to shop around.

The problem I have with Rock Auto is the shipping cost especially when they are shipping from multiple warehouses and the lack of quality parts for many vehicles, they do offer a lot of trash for short money but it is not worth buying.
I mostly buy Elements 3 calipers, rotors and pads from them the rest is usually coming from the dealer at close to the same price or lower and they bring it to my door the same day if its in stock or the next day usually before 9 am.
I know, right?
It's like playing a game with the shipping cost(s) and trying to achieve a win by finding all or as many parts as possible from the same warehouse in order to save on the shipping cost which effect$ our bottom line.

I will continue ordering with RA as well 'cause as I mentioned earlier, I am satisfied OVERALL. Contacting them with an issue however is about impossible.

Back