The Check That Bounced

We seem to think alike on this, Zee09. I am about as concerned with me paying someone as I am getting payed. I don't want to owe anyone anything and settle the debt ASAP. It's been a very long while where I've written a check and the receiver didn't cash it in a timely manner (month+). Was a tiny bit aggravated I couldn't officially balance the books. :giggle:

I just checked my checkbook and the last one I wrote was on 9/28/23! I still balance it every month, though, as I have direct withdrawls for utilities and online CC payments. I do look at these every month for discrepancies just in case.

I still balance it every month, though, as I have direct withdrawls for utilities and online CC payments. I do look at these every month for discrepancies just in case.
Balancing a checking account isn't just about written checks (nowadays). Today, we just have (mostly) replaced written checks with ACH withdrawals and debit card transactions.

I wrote a check to a friend that owns a business. I transferred money from checking to savings and the check bounced. I saw it the next day when I checked my account. My friend didn't know but I proactively told him and gave him a new check and asked what fees he's going to get hit with and made him whole. He told me that he learned a lot about me that I approached him to make things right. Things happen. It's how we respond that makes the difference.

Back