The Best Power Steering Fluid on Planet Earth!

DR1

This COMPLETE™ Synthetic Power Steering Fluid is simply amazing! I have a 2008 Nissan Titan. I purchased my truck several years ago. It had a little over 100K miles on it when I bought it. I honestly never thought too much about changing my power steering fluid. I Use Full synthetic 5w30 in my truck and full synthetics every where else. Know after having the truck around 3 years I thought I would a full power steering flush. I purchased 1 quart of COMPLETE™ Synthetic Power Steering Fluid and had the flush done and using this product. I can honestly say that my trucks just like new and steers better than before! It steers so smooth it totally blows my mind!

Attachments

• lubegard-synthetic-power-steering-32oz-11.jpg
    lubegard-synthetic-power-steering-32oz-11.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 170
must have alot of moly in it and the g.m.a.d ™ physic reducing additive package.

It's fun to mock, but it's also true this stuff is really good medicine.

No mouse-milk promises to hope come true, nothing to take on faith. Just solid chemistry and performance. I've used it for years now in multiple vehicles and it does what it says. I have a 4-th gen Lexus ES that's been around the family a while, now being driven by my father. It has 330k miles on it and is probably the only Lexus of that gen with many miles racked up that is still on the original power steering hoses. I know it has saved me many tedious or expensive repairs.

Lubeguard does make some pretty nice ATF products-and PS fluid is basically a hydraulic fluid too, so it’s possible! I’m a fan of Red Line full syn PS fluid in hydroboost systems, maybe this as good for less $?

I thought Lucas PS fluid with conditioners was best in the world. Maybe Project Farm will do a head-to-head competition (?)

Cool! My Focus has got a mix of tractor hydraulic fluid and whatever the previous owner used in the power steering right now... Steers just like my old Focus with M1 syn atf in it. I had to disconnect a PS line to get at the thermostat and tractor fluid was the closest substitute I had on hand to top up what I lost.

IIRC One of their products is basically nearly additive free bright stock.
their gear oil esp. is terrible..
I have yet to find an an average or above lucas product
Definitely agree with this for many of their products. However their PS fluid is the cat's meow (at least, for my situation). I've been using it for 4+ years and it smoothed out the steering in my Honda, whereas new Honda fluid and Prestone Asian failed to improve the "stick" during turns. YMMV

Definitely agree with this for many of their products. However their PS fluid is the cat's meow (at least, for my situation). I've been using it for 4+ years and it smoothed out the steering in my Honda, whereas new Honda fluid and Prestone Asian failed to improve the "stick" during turns. YMMV
The stock and swapped AC Delco PS fluid oxidized badly in my 2010 GMC. Lucas synthetic did much better …

I did about a 50% drain fill this weekend on a suzuki vitara which is starting to get tired. It’s my step-daughters and I’ll work on it when she visits from out of state. It got amsoil ATF swapped in and felt about the same. Added an ounce of lubeguard red and it had a significant impact, more buttery and immediate. It felt very good.

however, I suspect there is some friction and stiction designed into steering racks to prevent oscillation. Honda racks with the wrong fluid exhibit this as a problem and it makes them unstable at high speeds. with the vitara, it felt great during road test, so I think it was a good move. but, seeing how pronounced the change was, I’d probably be more cautious next time. The honda rack experience was personal, so I prefer not to repeat mistakes.

Lubeguard does make some pretty nice ATF products-and PS fluid is basically a hydraulic fluid too, so it’s possible! I’m a fan of Red Line full syn PS fluid in hydroboost systems, maybe this as good for less $?

Red Line is one of the few boutique lines that commits hard to ester oils, and for the same reason Lubegard does. It's very likely they are quite similar - I haven't done the homework on the two head-to-head but you might find that to be the case.

ATF+4 seems to be working quite well in both my Jeeps. I do change the PSF though. If I had a problem I might consider the LG product, or address the issue..

Last edited:
This COMPLETE™ Synthetic Power Steering Fluid is simply amazing! I have a 2008 Nissan Titan. I purchased my truck several years ago. It had a little over 100K miles on it when I bought it. I honestly never thought too much about changing my power steering fluid. I Use Full synthetic 5w30 in my truck and full synthetics every where else. Know after having the truck around 3 years I thought I would a full power steering flush. I purchased 1 quart of COMPLETE™ Synthetic Power Steering Fluid and had the flush done and using this product. I can honestly say that my trucks just like new and steers better than before! It steers so smooth it totally blows my mind!
If your vehicle needs this stuff to perform properly, there's some sort of mechanical issue with it. I use whatever is recommended (some sort of ATF) by the manufacturer and never had a problem. Seems like a mind over matter situation to me.

Back