Tesla steering wheels

The leather wheel in my Cobalt looks brand-new, and it has 277K miles on it. I don't know if it is real leather or if it came from one of those "pleather" cows. An occasional cleaning with McGuires leather cleaner/conditional probably did wonders for it.

My parent’s Sienna got a new dashboard because of that - Toyota was out of parts and goodwilled(honored the recall but booked them in as time allowed) the repair during the pandemic for them. I always seen a mid-2000s gen 2 Sienna/5th gen Camry and the 4th gen Lexus ES/2nd gen IS with a bad dashboard.

For the price Tesla charges, one would want a better interior than their current IKEA-grade one.
Nah, Tesla customers musk love ( rimshot) the the low quality of their vehicles. Otherwise why on earth will they continue to claim how good they are? My 97 Geo with 246,000 miles had nothing even close to that kind of degradation.

Does MPI make wheels for T/F? Maybe Tesla should use them for their wheels.

FWIW the steering wheel in my Silverado looks like that. But it is 21 years old and has 281K miles on it. @01rangerxl tried to find one for me when I got the truck but they had put the last one in the country on their parts truck.

Most chassis makers make steering wheels too. They're very simple, a butterfly design typically out of 6061 Aluminum, with Carbon Fiber grips.

Nah, Tesla customers musk love ( rimshot) the the low quality of their vehicles. Otherwise why on earth will they continue to claim how good they are?
It's the same phenomenon that happened with Apple customers back in the day. To overcome that, Tesla needs their own Tim Cook. Right now, Tesla is stuck at Steve Jobs 2.0. In other words, Tesla needs a CEO focused on mainstream products and bringing electrification to the masses. The current CEO, Elon Musk, is focused on bolstering his image, which in return keeps the Tesla stock pumped up to ridiculous levels. Then again, I suppose money is money, so I can't really argue with his methods.

And yes the wrap on my 21 year old E39 was still just fine when I sold it.
Cow Hide vs. Vinyl - guess who wins every time?

IMG_6468.jpeg

It's the same phenomenon that happened with Apple customers back in the day. To overcome that, Tesla needs their own Tim Cook. Right now, Tesla is stuck at Steve Jobs 2.0. In other words, Tesla needs a CEO focused on mainstream products and bringing electrification to the masses. The current CEO, Elon Musk, is focused on bolstering his image, which in return keeps the Tesla stock pumped up to ridiculous levels. Then again, I suppose money is money, so I can't really argue with his methods.

Cow Hide vs. Vinyl - guess who wins every time?
My other thread got locked but my comment was similar to yours. Apparently the board of directors is now seriously considering giving Musk the boot after wanting an insane payout. A number of investors and even Employees have said Tesla is a "growth " company with very little growth. Unfortunately too many Tesla customers excuse poor quality, weird rants, false product specs from Musk and say that but.... They have the biggest charging network, etc. Most companies have had to become good all-around by now or go out of business, be taken over, or change their ways. Tesla isn't a small garage start-up any longer, and needs to change. They are the only company that I've ever seen that canned their entire public relations department, and in many cases the only way to get something resolved is to reach out on social media to Musk. That's if you're a Musketeer if you don't praise him you're out of luck.

Suitable for use in taxis. Lots of bums sliding in and out year after year.
I’m shocked Toyota doesn’t make SofTex standard in the Prius LE and hybrid Camry/RAV4/Highlander LE seeing how many of them are used as cabs(more so in NYC), Lyfts and Ubers. Or at least offer a “rideshare value package” with a vinyl floor and seats.

It seems in typical Tesla fashion they blame the owners.

Tesla replaced to many under warranty for customers.​

I Ignored comments from Tesla service app and went in person to show service advisor about the defective wheel. Tesla service wanted us to approve a $1200 estimate for the steering wheel, which also included a diagnosis fee or they would cancel the service appointment. Service advisor said before even looking at the wheel that it was caused by hand cream. Then we got upset because clearly it’s defective and we don’t use hand cream then put our hands on the wheel. Then the manager came out and said the same thing. It’s the customers fault and we stopped covering steering wheel defects because Tesla service gets bashed by the engineering team for replacing the wheels under warranty.

Many people would describe Lexus as the pinnacle of automotive quality, yet they had a "sticky dash" issue for like 10 model years in the mid-2000s as far as I know.

Sticky and cracked.

My lexus was bad, but they replaced a dash on a 10 year old car.

I suspect the Teslas may be worse than many - because of more UV from the glass roof.

Apparently the board of directors is now seriously considering giving Musk the boot after wanting an insane payout.
Insane? That's putting it mildly. He's looking for a royal payday, effectively fleecing Tesla. He's not Steve Jobs, for sure. Even Jobs pulled some stock options shenanigans, and got caught, but nothing on the scale Musk is doing.

I'm all for Elon Musk being retired from Tesla. Honestly, he should just go play 'stronaut with his rockets in Texas. That alone should keep any CEO busy enough. But hey, he's also got time for Twitter err... X. If Elon is successfully exited from Tesla, I might consider buying one of their entry level models with the largest battery they offer. Tim Cook took Apple to the stratosphere, and he doesn't ask for insane payouts. That's what Tesla needs, their own Tim Cook.

Unfortunately too many Tesla customers excuse poor quality, weird rants, false product specs from Musk
Before Tim Cook & Staff brought Apple products to the masses, Apple had their own dedicated fanboys. Tim Cook turned the company around into a consumer lifestyle brand. Just like the Tesla fanboys of today make excuses for all the QA shortcomings, back in the day Apple fanboys used to come up with the most ridiculous excuses as to why the poorly built and underpowered Macs were superior to PCs. I've heard ridiculous excuses such as "a G5 Mac Pro can do twice as much as PC with only half the RAM" - when in reality Apple was just being stingy with their RAM allocation. I've owned several Macs, including a bunch of iMacs. It was hilarious to me how inconsistent the RAM makes were inside the same model iMacs. Once could be Samsung, the other one Hynix, or Micron, or even Infinium (not to be confused with Infineum). I'm drawing this parallel because this is about how inconsistent Tesla manufacturing quality is today.

Back