Tesla Germany

Check out the latest news about the Tesla Plant being sabotaged. A sad state of affairs. You will have to search for it. Cannot post link.

Check out the latest news about the Tesla Plant being sabotaged. A sad state of affairs. You will have to search for it. Cannot post link.
What happened was environmentalists sabotaged the power line leading to the plant knocking out all power. Over 12k employees were sent home. That's a lot of employees on the same shift. Word is that it's going to take a while for the utilities people to get it going again. Musk stated it may cost them 1B$$.I had no idea the plant was that big and they want to expand it.

Was it the union or environmentalists responsible for this ?
Environmentalists, there is a lot of news on this subject and has been in the news for the last day and a half
There is a lot of opposition to Tesla greatly increasing the size of its plant in Germany.

The one thing that musk is wrong about is electric vehicles, pollute the environment, far greater than gasoline according to a recent study

Last edited:
You can post a link. But your previous post including only the link, no comment, no original dialogue. You dropped a link, nothing more.

So, it got taken down. Please see the following on copyright.

Thread 'Copyright Policy; protections and Fair Use exceptions'
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/t...y-protections-and-fair-use-exceptions.370976/

Further, your title in that post was misleading. You said 12,000 people “lost their jobs” and that’s not what happened.

The one thing that musk is wrong about is electric vehicles, pollute the environment, fog greater than gasoline according to a recent study

If Musk really wanted to save the environment he would be building public transport and promoting that instead of cars.

I don't agree with the destruction of the power infrastructure but their reasons for targeting Tesla are not as dumb as they might seem on the surface.

For example environmentalists attacking paintings in museums is way dumber than this.

I am fairly certain that the Cybertruck will never be sold in Europe because it won't meet pedestrian collision regulations. So there is some truth in them calling it a killer machine.

The far-left "Volcano Group," which called for the "complete destruction of the Gigafactory" because the group alleged Tesla "eats up earth, resources, people and labor" and "spits out 6,000 SUVs, killer machines and monster trucks a week."

FYI it will take a few days to restore power, so people didn't lose their jobs and it won't cost 1 billion dollars.

Last edited:
Here's a Reuters article; it looks like it will affect 10's of thousands of people. And it is more than Tesla:

Joerg Steinbach, the economy minister of Brandenburg, the German state where Tesla's plant is based, condemned the suspected attack as having "terrorist markings", and hitting tens of thousands of people.
"This includes hospitals, homes for the elderly, where people may also be dependent on oxygen supply or similar, which is electricity-based," he said at a briefing outside the factory.
The Tesla site, which employs around 12,500 people, was evacuated and most employees sent home.

It is a act of terrorism period end of story. That must not be tolerated.
Seems too many crimes are called terrorism, though I see you are overseas. It doesn't seem intended to cause mass public casualties and to cause terror in the population. It was an act against a company.
Im not in anyway condoning it but calling every crime terrorism waters down what true terrorism is.
I think of all the college kids who would have been lableled terrorists in the USA during Vietnam war protests.
However terrorists seek to harm, maim and kill innocent civilians for some whacked out cause and that word should be preserved as a strong word used against those people.
Not someone knocking out power to a company auto plant. Just because this is not terrorism of course it will not go unpunished. It's a crime against property and company operations.

Environmentalists, there is a lot of news on this subject and has been in the news for the last day and a half
There is a lot of opposition to Tesla greatly increasing the size of its plant in Germany.

The one thing that musk is wrong about is electric vehicles, pollute the environment, far greater than gasoline according to a recent study

LOL.Absurd. if you want to ban EVs because of the weight induced tire wear then all SUVs and light Truck should also be banned because they're just as heavy.

Seems too many crimes are called terrorism, though I see you are overseas. It doesn't seem intended to cause mass public casualties and to cause terror in the population. It was an act against a company.
Im not in anyway condoning it but calling every crime terrorism waters down what true terrorism is.
I think of all the college kids who would have been lableled terrorists in the USA during Vietnam war protests.
However terrorists seek to harm, maim and kill innocent civilians for some whacked out cause and that word should be preserved as a strong word used against those people.
Not someone knocking out power to a company auto plant. Just because this is not terrorism of course it will not go unpunished. It's a crime against property and company operations.
Many more people were affected than the Tesla plant. The sick and elderly need electricity too.

Reactions: 4WD

Seems more like sabotage like Edward Abbey fictionalized.

EdwardAbbey_TheMonkeyWrenchGang.jpg

Terrorists. Stupid terrorists. Probably 5,000 people outta work, dunno for sure. Europe is a big EV market; Tesla makes a lotta Model Ys at Giga Berlin.
Terrorists. Stupid terrorists. Probably 5,000 people outta work, dunno for sure. Europe is a big EV market; Tesla makes a lotta Model Ys at Giga Berlin.
Over 12 k were sent home until its fixed.

You can post a link. But your previous post including only the link, no comment, no original dialogue. You dropped a link, nothing more.

So, it got taken down. Please see the following on copyright.

Thread 'Copyright Policy; protections and Fair Use exceptions'
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/t...y-protections-and-fair-use-exceptions.370976/

Further, your title in that post was misleading. You said 12,000 people “lost their jobs” and that’s not what happened.
YPW posted the same link without comment. I should have said “temporarily “.

Back