Tesla gas can...

Better heed those warnings!
1609170156010.jpg

Just like people running out of gas - pushing the absolute limits well after the car starts sending you warnings. I have gone into turtle mode once on my E-Golf and managed to make it to a charging station with 2 miles range remaining.

A good idea will be to pull a small trailer w/ a nice Honda generator and fuel. You can provide services to EV's on the road and make some mula!

I wouldn't get so lucky as to run out of juice on a road with a huge shoulder. It'd happen to me on an expressway, or a bridge.

Tesla gas can. LOL. I didn't know what to expect when I saw the title. I figured someone was holding a couple of d-cell batteries up to the 'fuel' door.

The amount of emissions that generator put out in an hour is more than a comparable gas engined car put out in a year.
That's just not so with modern, catalyst equipped small engines. In fact, all non-road engines (that includes all sorts of industrial sources) only account for 2% of CO2 and 17% of VOC's. VOC's being unburned hydrocarbons. More interestingly, the fitting of catalysts reduces the VOC's by a factor of 3 to 10. Furthermore, quite a bit of the VOC's come from the fuel tank and fueling procedures.

Last edited:
A while back I was heading into town and got behind a Tesla S driving very slowly with his flashers on. He turned into a Shell station(!) and parked it, out of charge. I talked to a clerk the next day and he said the car stayed there for several hours and was towed by the owner to a charging station.

Good thing gasoline vehicles never run out of gas!

A Tesla gets very verbal in demanding attention the last 30 miles or so of range. It very well knows how much remains and am told when it says zero it means zero.

Back