Tesla Austin

Gonna be the biggest and most advanced car manufacturing facility on the planet.
Making the most exciting cars on the planet.
In a few years they will employ over 10,000 workers.
Tesla is a great American company.

I think the Navy learned about Solar by CAT long ago...
Yeah … they are worldwide in industry as well - and few folks know they came from International Harvester
Thinking they will pickup a few essential generator sales to back up large frame infrastructure

Many people think that Mexico is a cheap place to do business. Simply put it is not. First as we all know the government is increadibly corrupt and very unstable. A company may make a deal and in a few years a new political party comes in and renigs on all the contracts. Mexico has socialized medicine and companies must pay for for it. While salaries may be low, companies must deal with unions and these are just as if not more corrupt. The base ad valorem tax is 16% that means EVERYTHING is taxed at that rate including all utilities. Crime plays a significant part too Mexico is a very insecure placeon top af governmental corruption you get organized extortion that makes the Italian mafia look like the boy scouts. I could go on and on about this subject but I dont want to get political, I was born in Mexico, I lived there in the 70 and 80's and from 2014 until 2019. Ive worked there and have done business there, but I will tell it is not a good place to do business. Yes some companies have done well there but I can gurantee that they have paid for it dearly.

Doesn't sound much different.

This factory is going to transform Austin again. The proposed location for the facility is off the Texas autobahn, highway 130 and Harold Greed Rd. 130 is a high speed route from Austin to areas North of San Antonio.

It's amazing because that area has virtually nothing out there but the Circuit of the Americas.

Anybody who has property in Del Valle Texas is about to make a fortune on it.

As Austin grows south, and San Antonio grows north, they are going to meet and it will just be sprawl and booming business.

We always used to say, oh nobody wants to live in Buda there is nothing there. Nobody wants to live in Hutto. Nobody wants to live in Kyle. Now all those cities are growing very quickly and the sprawl goes on.

This factory is going to transform Austin again. The proposed location for the facility is off the Texas autobahn, highway 130 and Harold Greed Rd. 130 is a high speed route from Austin to areas North of San Antonio.
NUMMI was Fremont's largest employer. When Toyota and GM shuttered NUMMI, thousands of good paying jobs were lost. Fremont's local tax base was decimated. Houses were lost. Even local restaurants closed. I worked across the street (actually freeway 880) at Lam Research.

Local towns courted Musk to build his mfg plant; ultimately Fremont won. When the plant reopened, Musk put out huge ads in the local papers urging ex NUMMI workers to apply. Today more than 10,000 workers are employed at the Tesla plant cranking out cars like crazy. They may ramp to 600,000 cars per year. Personally, I am waiting for the Roadster 2.

I salute Tesla, an American success story! This is one reason I bought one of their cars.
FYI, I have owned 3 cars built at the Fremont plant: '65 4-4-2, '93 Toyota 4wd PU and the Model 3.

Last edited:
C0169832-78C9-497D-9C5E-B656D6B56A13.jpg

I can tell you Fremont rolled out the red carpet for Musk. The facrory was supposed to be built in North San Jose.
Elon always seems to work a great deal for his companies.

Maybe a tax break due to all the parts coming from Mexico?

I believe Giga Austin will be the largest auto plant in the world. Musk will make good use of all the lessons learned (aka mistakes) from the 10 years in Fremont.
When ramped, it will employ 10,00+ workers.
Yay America!

Of course none of this will improve the look of the Cybertruck. Some say there are 500K reservations. I am not one...
I’m still waiting on Tesla to come out and announce that the “Cybertruck” was a joke, and then release the ACTUAL Cybertruck.

In addition to the aforementioned Tesla storage facility …
Wartsila is to supply two major storage facilities in Texas - Madero and Ignacio

Back