Tecumseh OHV problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a Tecumseh snow king 5.5hp motor that will not start.

The problem began when the crank shear key just about sheared off. It got to the point it would not run and after pulling the flywheel off I found the key almost all the way sheared.

Since then I've replaced the key, have fuel and spark but will not fire. I'm ready to throw the thing in the trash although it only has about 20 hours on it. It's ~6 years old FWIW.

Don't give up on it. I have the Sno-King 5.5 Tecumseh myself and it is a stout little engine. It would still be cheaper to bring it in to a small engine repair shop than it would be to replace it. To replace one where I live, it is just south of 600 bucks for the troy bilt model I have.

That's a weird one!? I've got a ~7yr/old Tecumseh OHV Snow King that's been *knock on wood* flawless. How's the compression? I'm wondering if a valve or the likes let loose causing the flywheel key to deform.

Joel

Originally Posted By: Saturn_Fan
Don't give up on it. I have the Sno-King 5.5 Tecumseh myself and it is a stout little engine. It would still be cheaper to bring it in to a small engine repair shop than it would be to replace it. To replace one where I live, it is just south of 600 bucks for the troy bilt model I have.

just a thought ..could it be that when u replaced the flywheel on the shaft the key slid out of the key way ..i would remove the fly wheel and check to see..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back