TCW3 vs. API-TC. What is AIO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks, yep it's a stroker, didn't read what I linked,LOL! was looking at them at the saw shop last week and thought the idea sounded pretty cool on paper.

In regards to the future of two cycle oils. I have a contact at Bombardier Rec products out of Wisconsin. He works on the team the develops lubricants for Johnson, Evinrude and Ski Doo.
According to him the future is ashless. Mainly because traditional two strokes are dead and are being replaced by designs such as Redmaxs strato charged and Evinrudes etec. These engines run very high piston temperatures, and use much less oil/fuel. As a result ash deposits on the cylinder head and plugs are a real issue.
My redmax EBZ 8000 back pack blower ran on a traditional iso egd oil will develop globules of ash on the plugs insulator within one tank of gas. The plug doesnt foul becasue it is a special champion made plug, but I have to wonder what effect all that ash is having on the cylinder head. Specificly I am worried about pre ignition down the road, especially if the oil uses a magnesium based detergant. FWIW this machine is run at 50:1, but its fuel consumption is so miserly that it is using half as much fuel(and as a reuslt oil) as a the traditional two cycle it replaced. It also doesnt smoke at all except for a small puff right after its started and powered up and it produces no two stroke smell at all.

blano what exact application are you having good success with the Amsoil HPI oil? I`m using it in a carbed 1995 2.5L Merc outboard. In your opinion is this a good oil in the wrong motor or am I alright?

Thanks blano. I was surprised that you even run the stuff after what you have said about Amsoil`s marketing hype. Glad you do though
grin.gif
I had been running the HPI when I was reading your posts and I was like "uh oh" what am I doing to my motor. Good to see that Amsoil HPI does perform well in this application. Also good to see an open mind not blided by ego
cheers.gif

Callin it like I see it.
Dominator, and 100:1 are still very questionable IMO and HPI should only be used in TCW# apps which amsoil doesnt seem to realise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back