TCW3 plus Acetone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I used for very long time TCW3 oil in the gas at ration 600:1.

I made a mix of TCW3 and Acetone at ratio on 1:4 and I add the mix in the gas at ratio 1:150.

The improvement that I saw is the response of car, I think due to the superior evaporation of Acetone, basically I dry up the gas from the wetness of TCW3 and the stability of gas since the acetone has 100 octane.

Did you ever heard that some people put a small amount of 2 cycle oil in the gas?
I have for 4 stroke OPE to protect the small orifices in the carbs while in storage.
Used to add to my diesel army truck.
Do not for my every day drivers.
Acetone? To dry up the wetness from the 2 stroke oil?
I knew a kid who ate his chemistry set. Wilky was never the same.
Merry Christmas

There’s a degree of merit in diluting the TCW3 to increase the volume just to make it easier to measure when pouring it into the gas. I don’t know if I would choose acetone unless I had a fairly cheap supply. Maybe naphtha?

There’s a degree of merit in diluting the TCW3 to increase the volume just to make it easier to measure when pouring it into the gas. I don’t know if I would choose acetone unless I had a fairly cheap supply. Maybe naphtha?
I did not see a noticeable improvement of milage compared to only tcw3, but for sure the car start easier especially in the cold weather.

I understand adding tcw3 but I don't understand the acetone. I don't understand why evaporating easily is a benefit?

Evaporation of what?

And increase octane? How much acetone are you adding to the 20+ gallons of gas in your tank?
Well the gas becomes more stable for sure i can feel on acceleration i use 87 regular acetone is 100 40l of gas 320 ml of the mix

I understand adding tcw3 but I don't understand the acetone. I don't understand why evaporating easily is a benefit?
The tcw3 reduce the evaporation of gas infact i could not go to 1:500 mix as many do i went 1:600.
Where i live is cold and i had problem at start of engine. The acetone compensate the side effect of tcw3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back