Tapping into the accessory socket power supply

2006 Sentra,

I am trying to add a 4-in-1 accessory socket in order to have additional power ports to run dashcams, rearview camera, and phone charging cables. There is an accessory port very close to where I will be installing this socket, but I can't figure out how to tap into the power without messing with factory wiring. I am attaching pictures of what it looks like. I will highly appreciate it if I can get some guidance in working this out.

The back end of the accessory port

2022-08-03 18_02_05-IMG_20220803_160920.jpg ‎- Photos.jpg

the connector attaching to the backport above

2022-08-03 18_01_45-IMG_20220803_160934.jpg ‎- Photos.jpg

the other side of the connector

2022-08-03 18_01_24-IMG_20220803_160940.jpg ‎- Photos.jpg

This doesn't look like a generic port.

I am trying to figure out the easiest way to tap into the 12V power supply. There is already a fuse in multiport circuitry.

My understanding of electrical issues is little to none, so didactic replies are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You could use T Taps. Most are crappy but some are high quality.
otherwise you would need to cut the wires and make it a 3 way connection... with whatever solution you choose.

What gauge is the wire?

Last edited:
You could use T Taps. Most are crappy but some are high quality.
otherwise you would need to cut the wires and make it a 3 way connection... with whatever solution you choose.

What gauge is the wire?
Probably 18. I considered T-taps but googling says, it's not the most reliable connection.

Last edited:
Use a fuse box tap. No need to damage any wiring.

Fuse tap
This is the thing I thought about first but can not figure out the size of the fuse (like regular, mini etc). Plus, the fuse box is located at such a place that my inflexible body can't pull one out to check. Any place where I can find this information, or going to ask DS to help me with it.

Assuming this is a permanent installation, I'd just bite the bullet and solder the wire on, then finish with glue lined, heatshrink tubing. This is going to be more reliable long term than an insulation displacing tap of any kind, as long as the soldering is done well.

A new run from the fuse box, an unused circuit position in it would be even better but we don't know what you have to work with there and is more work to pull the fuse box and string the wire through the dash/console/whatever.

Back