talk me out of BFG Ko's Need a winter rated offroader Must aggressive one I can find

Loving my Milestar Patagonia Mts. I abuse them daily with farm use, inspecting gravel roads and pulling equipment around. They got around great in the snow we had last winter.

I had the Patagonia M/T on my off road toy, and will do the Patagonia XT or Patagonia AT Pro on my ZR2 next. Best off road tires I have used.

I am internet shopping a new set of tires.

Looking for the best bang for the buck tires.

Going on a humvee looking for load range D

37x12.5x17
What is the most aggressive tire around with a snow rating? If only they made a mud snow cross tire.
With the criteria you've narrowed it to, I think you've basically limited yourself to KO2's, KO3's or the MICKEY THOMPSON BAJA BOSS A/T.

just fyi if anyone is looking at 33/34" tires and you're mainly limited to load range e. the Michelin ltx ms2 rides excellent for a load range e tire.

I have the KO2s on my truck and am glad to have them. Their only downfall is performance on wet roads (albeit in a RWD pickup any tire would struggle). Great performance in mud, snow, trails, rocks, etc here in Michigan. Quiet on the road as well.

I have really liked my new-LT Duratrac RTs. They had great traction in the snow in NY this winter and on gravel roads handled them well.

I wore out a set of P-rated Grabber ATX on my Tahoe in 20k. I think these trucks are heavy enough to warrant LTs.

If the OP doesnt need to buy for a few months..
I'd also consider the new
Yokohama GEOLANDAR A/T4™ G018

I might try a set of kenda klever tires. Nothing but good reviews.

I have had several sets of KO2's, I think one thing some do that causes the wet performance to be less than stellar is running the tire pressure too high. Often, people will increase tire size, and when doing so don't take into consideration the need to decrease pressure as tire size increases to maintain contact patch. I think they are one of the best all around tires, I have run them on Jeeps from MO, to Moab, to Colorado trails. On F150's and 4Runners. Not one tire will perform the best in all conditions, there are all compromises. Kept in the right pressure range, for the weight of the vehicle and size of tire, they are pretty dang good.

I liked my KO2’s, except if someone spit on the road then they’d lose all traction… a truck shouldn’t be able to spin all 4 wheels at half throttle.

Back