Tabbed Browsing for Internet Explorer, without IE 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just install the Windows Desktop Search/MSN toolbar. However, one caveat, disable all searches and advanced features. If you don't, the Windows Desktop Search will slow the performance down on your computer.

(This is probably Microsoft's answer to the Google desktop search but Google doesn't offer tabs on their product. )

Last step, click on View > Toolbars > MSN Search Toolbar. You will now have tabbed browsing without the Desktop search issues. The tabbed browsing in IE does not work as seamlessly as Firefox/Netscape/Mozilla, but it is a plus for those who prefer the IE browser.

As an alternative for tabbed browsing, check out Avant Browser. It's an IE add-on, with its own interface. Been using it for a long time now.

I use Firefox and Opera. I have found some compatibility issues with Opera, but it is definitely faster at loading than Firefox.

quote:

Originally posted by tmorris1:
I use Firefox and Opera. I have found some compatibility issues with Opera, but it is definitely faster at loading than Firefox.

I've been creating a couple of fair sized web pages and have run across comments about Opera's not handling a couple of things according to the standards.

IE is a lot worse in that respect, but has too much of the market to ignore. Opera has such a small market share that it isn't woth the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back