Synthetic oil users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
shell_user - As follows;

engines - variably since around 1974-5
drive line - variably since 1955

In my case I seek cost effectiveness unless mandated by the component Manufacturer

Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: Durango
I always knew full synthetics can go the distance. My only issue was how long can the oil filter can go? That's why I use synthetic oil and stick to the manuals service schedule. However I still cannot deny that I have a reservation for it going to 8K or beyond. Has anyone gone 10K using M1 or any full synthetic will great success?

Durango

Read my post on page 1 of this thread. YES! I have done 10K OCIs with M1 for 35 years with outstanding success. M1 oils are well know for keeping engines very clean and long lasting with virtually no wear.

tig1,

Wow that's fantastic to say the least! If one does allot of highway miles then I know driving isn't very hard on the oils especially synthetics. What type of oil filter did you use? If it's Mobil 1's own then those filters are made to go the distance. Purolator I know just came out with one designed for synthetic oil.

Durango

I use synthetic and follow the oil change monitor. (5000-7000 miles, not sure how it decides when it's time)

Supertech 5-30
Royal Purple 5-30
Mobil 1 0-30
Valvoline 5-30 Quaker State 5-30

I used whatever synthetic I happened to like at the time (M1, ST, Rotella) and ran it 10,000 miles. If I hadn't crashed the 89 Accord it would still be running fine with no lubrication related issues at 355,000 miles.

Originally Posted By: tig1
I always knew full synthetics can go the distance. My only issue was how long can the oil filter can go? That's why I use synthetic oil and stick to the manuals service schedule. However I still cannot deny that I have a reservation for it going to 8K or beyond. Has anyone gone 10K using M1 or any full synthetic will great success?

Durango

Read my post on page 1 of this thread. YES! I have done 10K OCIs with M1 for 35 years with outstanding success. M1 oils are well know for keeping engines very clean and long lasting with virtually no wear.

tig1,

Wow that's fantastic to say the least! If one does allot of highway miles then I know driving isn't very hard on the oils especially synthetics. What type of oil filter did you use? If it's Mobil 1's own then those filters are made to go the distance. Purolator I know just came out with one designed for synthetic oil.

Durango

I do 10K OCIs regardless of the type of driving I do. The Fusion had two long trips on the last OC. One to Maine and one to Florida, so this OCI was a little shorter than normal. The Focus typically goes longer because it'e the daily driver more so than the Fusion.
As for filters, I have used a lot of M1 filters but for some time now I have been using MC in both engines. No problems that I can see as my engines always stay very clean with no varnish or sludge.

Originally Posted By: lexus114
Used it for a while, went back to Conventional.

** Went back to Synthetic**
grin.gif

Been using synthetics since April 1998 started with Mobil 1 then switched to Pennzoil Platinum since it came out very pleased with performance and exdtended drain intervals makes since in price difference being able to extend drain intervals

I started using synthetics since ~2000. My Camaro SS came with Mobil One. That's what I started using. About a year ago I started using Redline oil in my Mustang Cobra because of the power it makes. I use Redline in my R1 too. However, I cannot really tell a difference between the two just from normal driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back