Synthetic Oil change intervals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted my oil analysis results here last April, and everyone told me to stop home-mixing Mobil 1 and Pennzoil, even though my 1993 Nissan Pathfinder (VG-30 engine- V-6, 3.0 liter) seems to be in excellent mechanical condition.

So now I am using straight Mobil 1 10w30. The vehicle is not a daily driver, it is weekend and roadtrip transportation. In ski season I am putting on 500 miles in a weekend, but most of the time it less than 300 miles a month. Certainly 95%+ of my driving is freeway miles.

I want to know what would be the ideal recommended change interval. (BTW I am using Purolator Pure One oil filters) 5000? 7500? 10000?

Thanks,

madkiwi

look at this link

http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=000256

they say 8000 miles is fine. and maybe even all they way up to 18,000 miles with a filter change at 12,000miles.
cheers.gif

10,000 miles or once a year whichever comes first.

You are looking at under 8000 miles a year from what you say your driving is. Guess it depends on skiing conditions.

Honestly, your best bet to determining the correct oil change interval is to get an oil analysis done. Start out with maybe a 5000 mile interval, and see how the results look.
No two situations are completely alike, driving habits and the engine you're putting the oil into form much bigger factors in determining proper oil change intervals than the brand of oil you use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back