Switching CVT fluid from Nissan OEM to other brand?

1. Any aftermarket CVTF that mentions your spec can be used
2. Yes, drain and fill it now. Repeat again 500-5000 miles later. And, repeat as needed(yearly).

I wouldn't bother with the CVTF cooler. Unless the CVT has been replaced, and with Nissan's reputation with CVTs, I'd just stick with a drain/refill every year or 2.

Certain driving styles bring out the worse in a CVT. If yours does, its either the wrong transmission for you or wrong expectations of CVT life if it fails.

Because many want something to blame when a failure occurs, sometimes its better to stick with dealer sourced OE fluid.

It could last a million miles or fail tomorrow. Don't blame the fluid change regardless.

The CVT is such a great transmission that the new Pathfinder dropped it for the infamous 9 speed ZF.... did I say that correctly 🤣

1. Any aftermarket CVTF that mentions your spec can be used
2. Yes, drain and fill it now. Repeat again 500-5000 miles later. And, repeat as needed(yearly).

I wouldn't bother with the CVTF cooler. Unless the CVT has been replaced, and with Nissan's reputation with CVTs, I'd just stick with a drain/refill every year or 2.

Certain driving styles bring out the worse in a CVT. If yours does, its either the wrong transmission for you or wrong expectations of CVT life if it fails.

Because many want something to blame when a failure occurs, sometimes its better to stick with dealer sourced OE fluid.

It could last a million miles or fail tomorrow. Don't blame the fluid change regardless.

The CVT is such a great transmission that the new Pathfinder dropped it for the infamous 9 speed ZF.... did I say that correctly 🤣
I should start bottling and selling ATF and CVTF and put all the specs on like all the other fluid bottlers do. Listen to the guy on youtube from Weber auto college he does a great job explaining transmission fluids and history of such. Really good news about the pathfinder.

I’ve had good luck with Valvoline. I believe based on the MSDS Idemitsu makes the transmission fluid for Nissan so no need to buy the Nissan stuff for twice the price when you can get the same fluid in different bottles for $8 a quart on Amazon.

Back