switch from SYN back to DINO instantly /gradual ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
seems like the past 6,000 miles of using PENNZOIL Platinum synthetic oil in a 5w-30 for 2000 PRIZM , it's been burning more oil and may have very slight leak from valve cover . Like how much quiter it runs , but otherwise most likely going back to the conventional oil . Thing is , should I use the 4 qts. of the PENNZOIL syn-blend ( 5w-30 ) I have for next change and then go to the regular PENNZOIL ( or CASTROL GTX ) for good ? Or be o.k. to go right to the dino , since only a short period of using the synthetic ? Figure after that just use the regular oils on sale , such as CASTROL GTX , PENNZOIL ( Yellow Bottle ) , etc.. If consuption and leak continues after switch back to dino , may give the VALVOLINE Maxlife a shot . THANKS

Smokes, I have a 2002 Chevy Prizm with 1ZZFE engine, how many quarts do you think it takes? By the way I have 3000miles on Valvoline 5w30 right now with wix nascar select filter. Half quart top off during that time. I have Castrol, Valvoline, and Amsoil in the closet which should I use next?

Quote:

it's been burning more oil and may have very slight leak from valve cover .

What do you mean by burning more oil? How much oil consumption are you talking about? What is the mileage on that Prizm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back