Sway bar adjustment

SwayBar.png

I have bought adjustable end links and I'm thinking at which position I should rotate the sway bar in its pivot points before connecting it with the end links.

Which part of the curved sway bar of the picture above is considered to act as a cantilever and should be placed parallel to the ground:
  • the small part with the 2 mounting holes I have encircled in the red circle on the left side of the picture or
  • the imaginary red line I have drawn on the right side of the picture from the mounting hole to the edge of the torsion bar?

I'd measure the horizontal distance between the link attachment points and where the bar attaches to the subframe. All the other twists don't really matter, they're for clearance.

The purpose of adjustable end links is to remove any static bias between the sides. The bar is not perfectly bent, nor is the car perfectly symmetric, so the bar may put some load to one side if the two end links are the same length.

The actual position of the bar really doesn't matter as long as it's not hitting anything over the whole travel.

The sway bar should be put back in the same position it came off, and one link adjusted to the same length as the link that came off, THEN you adjust the other link to have same tension on both sides.

The sway bar should be put back in the same position it came off, and one link adjusted to the same length as the link that came off, THEN you adjust the other link to have same tension on both sides.
That's not the OE bar, it's an upgrade and the curves are more pronounced compared to the original.

I'd measure the horizontal distance between the link attachment points and where the bar attaches to the subframe. All the other twists don't really matter, they're for clearance.
OK! The line you suggest is on the same plane with the one I have drawn, so actually there in no difference.

Back