Suzuki Bandit Oil Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
removed and replaced nipple so i can run the pureone pl14612 on my 2005 gsxr 1000. i used a ez out for 1\2 inch to remove nipple, this open the door for alot of diffrent filters and longer filters. oh ya the purolators are half the price of the napa filters in my neck of the woods.

On my project bike I use the napa 1359 which is a quality filter which is a 93 Suzuki katana 600.

I have been using either bosch 3323 or purolator 14610 on my 95 honda vfr750 for 3 years now. I refuse to pay $13 for a filter just because it has for motorcycles written on the package. Goto www.vfrd.com and see how many people own very high mileage VFRs using car filters and diesel oil with no issues for hundreds of thousands of miles.

I like this website because it kind of reminds me of myth busters between great marketing and actual fact!

i use the 14612 its half the price of the napa. it filters to a lower micron. im using rotella t6 also.

I have ordered the Bales adaptor http://balestech.com/filter.htm so I can use the WIX 51356 filter which I also use on my car.

The interesting thing about the Bales adaptor is the threads : 3/4 x 16 UNF into the engine - 20mm x 1.5mm into the filter.

Now if we think Suzuki using a 1mm thread on the filter is misplaced where on earth did they come up with 3/4 UNF tapped into the engine casing ??? Kinda weird eh ?

Vmaxer

Originally Posted By: VMAXER
I have ordered the Bales adaptor http://balestech.com/filter.htm so I can use the WIX 51356 filter which I also use on my car.

The interesting thing about the Bales adaptor is the threads : 3/4 x 16 UNF into the engine - 20mm x 1.5mm into the filter.

Now if we think Suzuki using a 1mm thread on the filter is misplaced where on earth did they come up with 3/4 UNF tapped into the engine casing ??? Kinda weird eh ?

Vmaxer

get it installed yet?

I have the Bales adapter installed for the last 27,000Km. I'm using Mobil1 M1-110 filters because they are available in my local store but any of the following will be great. They are all 3.25" long, so i suppose they have better filtering capacity than the OEM 2.5":

Purolator Pure One PL14610
Mobil 1 M1-110
Bosch 3323
WalMart SuperTech ST7317,
Wix 1356

Most are made by the same manufacturer anyway (Champion).

Not much else to tell. The adapter was very reasonably priced, installation was relatively easy, Mr. Bales was a pleasure to do business with. I've had no issues whatsoever since the installation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back