Suspension Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to buy some sway bar links for a 2002 Cougar (front and back), and I'm confused by the choices. RockAuto has Deeza, Spicer, Moog, Mevotech and Delco parts available at a variety of prices. I also don't know if I should get new links or just the bushings. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Moog has treated me well, do the bushing when you do the links, they are cheap to do and might as well do it while you are under the car.

Originally Posted By: parimento1
Moog has treated me well, do the bushing when you do the links, they are cheap to do and might as well do it while you are under the car.

+1 for Moog. I used to be very comfortable with Delco, but nowadays you cannot even be sure about them anymore.

Get everything. And grease the bolts/spacers so they will not seize and clunk later in life.
Unless they are shooting at you and you have to get away fast right now, get all new parts, for sure. It's not much $.

Thanks for your opinions. One last thing: is there any reason to change the link ends? Only the rubber bushings that connect to the frame are shot, and they sell those separately. Do the eyelets that the bolts go through that attach to the bar go bad?

Agreed. Suspension parts are cheap, it's the work that's expensive. (Even if you do it yourself, it takes forever.) I've been fighting my Dodge's front end for years now, and it was always piece by piece. If I would have just spent the extra $50 the first time, I'd have been done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back