Supertech Syn are you Kiddin me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of days ago I went to Wally World & noticed that the price of SuperTech Syn was only like 60 cents less than Quaker State Ultimate Durability Syn! SuperTech are you kiddin me!

Depends on which container your looking at. I posted a while back that 4 qts of ST was cheaper to buy then their gallon jug, and got responses like what's the difference?.At least someone else here is actually looking at the prices.,,

+1.

Plus its not a bad oil at all. I know of a guy that put 420k mi on a Yaris with it. I bet he doesn't wish he'd spent more money on a different oil!

Originally Posted By: RISUPERCREWMAN
A couple of days ago I went to Wally World & noticed that the price of SuperTech Syn was only like 60 cents less than Quaker State Ultimate Durability Syn! SuperTech are you kiddin me!

Consider yourself lucky, here , the Walmart's have been out of both and they said these stores have no intention of carrying QSUD anymore.

Originally Posted By: fxrider
It should only be around $15.00 or so as the QSUD is $20.57

When they carried it here the QSUD was just under $21.00. The ST full SYN was just over $20.00. I guess they'll get more ST Syn in stock, probably at an even higher price.

IMO....there is no big difference between QSUD, Peak Full Synthetic and SuperTech Full Synthetic. IMO....they are the same products but in different containers.

The QSUD has a higher VI but it also has a higher Noak% rating. The Peak Full Synthetic has a little lower VI but a lower Noak% Rating.

They all perform well, have great base oils and add packs while being reasonably priced.

IMO....you can't go wrong with either one for your OCI

BTW....I bought some Peak Full Synthetic at Advance Auto, on clearance in 5w-20, for $2.95 a quart...so it is less than $15 for 5 quarts.

Originally Posted By: RISUPERCREWMAN

Actually at one of the Walmarts near me, ST Syn is actually slightly more expensive then QS UD. The difference I don't remember but it was less then $1.

Originally Posted By: BigCahuna
Depends on which container your looking at. I posted a while back that 4 qts of ST was cheaper to buy then their gallon jug, and got responses like what's the difference?.At least someone else here is actually looking at the prices.,,

That's why I always bring a calculator (my phone) to walmart. A lot of their "economy" or "value" sized offerings of any type (food, cleaning supplies, etc) are more expensive than buying the same amount in smaller packs.

Originally Posted By: buickman50401
Originally Posted By: BigCahuna

That's why I always bring a calculator (my phone) to walmart. A lot of their "economy" or "value" sized offerings of any type (food, cleaning supplies, etc) are more expensive than buying the same amount in smaller packs.

I love it when a single item is $.99 and a 2 pack of the same item is $1.99...

Skyrocketing manufacturing and transportation costs and the weak dollar are contributing to it. Around here its always been just a little cheaper than QSUD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back