Supertech oil under the valve cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 84zmyfavorite
I have 6 quarts of SuperTech 10w-40, that my 87 Cherokees 294,215 mile 4.0 is waiting for. I am having a hard time getting to even 3,000 miles on this last OCI of Havoline 10w-40, just itchin to change it out.

Stay with Havoline....IMO...a better oil than SuperTech by far.

Originally Posted By: JackB1
I will pass this along for what it is worth. I pick up the oil for my mechanic when it is changed. In this case our CTS specifies Mobil 1 5/30 syn. It takes 6 qts and I only had a 5 qt bottle of M1 at home but happened to have a quart of 5/30w Super Tech syn which was in a clear bottle. I dropped all off at the mechanics. When I returned to get the car my mechanic returned the Super Tech quart saying he would not use it because of what looked like a cloudy material that had settled to the bottom. I returned it to WalMart for a refund. If it wasn't for the clear bottle it would not have been noticed and for all I know would not have been a problem anyway. That particular qt had been sitting in my garage for a year or so so who knows. I have always used Super Tech in my Jeep with no problems and for all I know there may be stuff that settles in all oils but we just don't see it due to the opaque bottles.

As long as you slept better that night. I would have no problems using that oil though...

Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
Originally Posted By: 84zmyfavorite
I have 6 quarts of SuperTech 10w-40, that my 87 Cherokees 294,215 mile 4.0 is waiting for. I am having a hard time getting to even 3,000 miles on this last OCI of Havoline 10w-40, just itchin to change it out.

Stay with Havoline....IMO...a better oil than SuperTech by far.

I haven't seen Havoline in years! Of course...Liz's old Cherokee went 223,000 miles on ST 5W-30 and ran perfectly the day it was scrapped (driven to the junkyard), with no visible glop in the valve covers. Super Tech oil works just fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back