SuperTech Oil/Honda ATF - Same Manufacturer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Was in WalMart last night...picked up some more free MaxLife and checked for the new SuperTech (supposedly in the light blue bottles).

The SuperTech 5w30 was in the same old blue/grey bottles. But one thing....the bottom didn't have the WPP logo. It had a rectangle with a "G" in it. Funny thing is, when I got back to my car, I looked at the bottom of a bottle of Honda Genuine ATF that I had picked up earlier in the day from my local Honda dealer...it had the same logo.

Any ideas?
smile.gif

[ July 20, 2004, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: JMK3rd ]

They use the same company to manufacture the container. I seriously doubt that Honda ATF is the same stuff that WM sells for $1.22

quote:

Originally posted by pbm:
They use the same company to manufacture the container. I seriously doubt that Honda ATF is the same stuff that WM sells for $1.22

I doubt it too..that's why I buy my ATF-Z1 from the dealer
wink.gif

I was only comparing the bottom of the bottles. The SuperTech DexronIII had the old WPP logo. Most of the motor oil had the new logo.

So...it's the bottle manufacturer that's indicated by the logo? Darn...I thought I was onto something.
smile.gif

I assume it's the container manufacturer but I'm not certain. I bought some Honda ATF Z-1 for 4.36 a quart yesterday. what did you pay?

quote:

Originally posted by pbm:
I assume it's the container manufacturer but I'm not certain. I bought some Honda ATF Z-1 for 4.36 a quart yesterday. what did you pay?

$3.82 a quart from Sussex Honda.

The (G) logo is the bottle supplier. Quaker State, Chevron, and some others use the same supplier.

BTW, notice that the new ST bottle is the same molding as the Chevron Supreme bottle, only in a slightly different shade of blue?

MR

quote:

Originally posted by MikeR:
.....BTW, notice that the new ST bottle is the same molding as the Chevron Supreme bottle, only in a slightly different shade of blue?

MR

All of the SuperTech motor oil and ATF had the old blue/grey color. I was thinking it would be the color of the Chevron bottles....but no dice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back