Super Tech PS fluid, no specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in Wally World, and checking out Super Tech power steering fluid. Not much info on the bottle, no info on ANY of the specs it meets (no mention of the GM spec listed in my S-10 owner's manual), so I also looked at Preston brand (the stuff with no stop-leak). To my surprise, the Preston brand also didn't list any specs, except it wasn't for Hondas.

Both brands basically said:

"Formulated to help protect against pump breakdown caused by wear, oxidation and foaming"

I assume either fluid would be OK?

Originally Posted By: sciphi
ATF would be a better choice for your S-10. Cheaper and a better-constructed fluid IMO.

Thanks, only thing I don't like about that is having two red fluids, in case a leak does develop.

I have a few quarts of Dex VI laying around, I assume that would be OK for the S-10. Also, my wife's Avalon calls for Dex II or III PS fluid, despite the fact the factory fill is NOT red! I guess Dex VI would also be OK for the Avalon?

If it's spec'd for Dex-III, Dex-VI should work.

It is a hair thinner, but much more shear-stable. According to what I've learned lurking, that means better cold-weather performance.

As long as you have it, I'd use it. But that's me.

If you want to use PSF instead of Dex-III or Dex-VI, try Valvoline Maxlife PSF. I tried several PSF's and Dex-III in '00 MB E430 power steering system, none works as well as Valvoline Maxlife PSF in eliminating squeals/whine that my car suffered the last several months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back