Here you go check it out..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220510-141031.jpg
    Screenshot_20220510-141031.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 231
  • Screenshot_20220510-140900.jpg
    Screenshot_20220510-140900.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 232
I couldn't read those attachments that Scott S. posted but I wouldn't be surprised if the ST 10K and 20K oil filters are identical except for the blue 'silicone' ADBV on the 20K filter. If that's the case I would have no problem running the 10K filter for my typical 5 to 7K OCI...why pay more unless you plan on leaving the filter on for a year or more?

Has anyone ever looked at the various oil filter media under a microscope? I'd think that'd be a very good way to see the differences in the various filter media.

I couldn't read those attachments that Scott S. posted but I wouldn't be surprised if the ST 10K and 20K oil filters are identical except for the blue 'silicone' ADBV on the 20K filter. If that's the case I would have no problem running the 10K filter for my typical 5 to 7K OCI...why pay more unless you plan on leaving the filter on for a year or more?
*Exactly ! ... After seeing both ST oil filters I could not determine the extra cost and perceived value between them ?

Here is an approx. equal oil filter cost question for GDI engine owners : Would you rather use one Fram Ultra oil filter for two 5K OCI to total 10K miles or use two cheapest ST oil filters for 5K OCI's to total 10K miles ? So , change the Fram Ultra every other oil change or change with the cheapest ST oil filter every oil change ?

Here is an approx. equal oil filter cost question for GDI engine owners : Would you rather use one Fram Ultra oil filter for two 5K OCI to total 10K miles or use two cheapest ST oil filters for 5K OCI's to total 10K miles ? So , change the Fram Ultra every other oil change or change with the cheapest ST oil filter every oil change ?
Depends if the efficiency is a factor. If you want the efficiency, then run the Ultra 2x 5K OCIs.

Back