Suntek CXP Window Tint

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the Pathfinder tinted yesterday. Overall it has made a huge difference. I decided on the Suntek CXP 18% all around, Suntek CXP 50% on sunroof, and Suntek CXP 70% on windshield (Will do that next week when tint comes in). I can already tell a difference when driving in the sun. When the sun is to the side of me I really can feel the heat much. Also it is surprisingly pretty good to see through. I was worried it was going to be too dark but it is fine. I do plan on upgrading my reverse lights to LED bulbs to maybe help with night time reversing.

I chose this tint because of how well it rejects heat and the quality of it.
My tinter actually has a little display box showing the difference between CXP tint against the other kinds and with a heat bulb behind each one. The CXP tint had the best heat rejection and looked best IMO.

Here are before and after shots:

Front:

Side:

Rear:

Looking through back window:

Thanks for looking!

CXP is a great film. It is a lower priced alternative to many ceramic films, but still delivers very competitive performance.

Becareful with the LED backup lights. Many of the ones I seen, are directional, it could be brighter in one direction but not overall. Depending on your bulb, you cold be better off using ones that's a halogen bulb replacement. If not again depending on your bulb socket you can make one using outdoor 12v halogen outdoor wedge bulbs found at Lowes. I've seen as high as 60 watts. The heat should be fine for rear lights since they are not on that often.

Car looks great. I tint all my vehicles.

What state are you in? If you're in Texas, tint % transmission is part of the state safety inspection, and with the changes in state law to a 2 step, 1 sticker process, you won't be able to get the car registered.

Looks good! Do they hassle you in New Mexico for having the windshield tinted? I know 70% is pretty light but still noticeable to a cop looking for a reason to stop you. I have a few friends here with tint on the entire windshield and the hassle factor varies.

I tint all my vehicles as well, or at least the front windows to match the rear factory tint.

Originally Posted By: porksoda
I am in New Mexico. So no worries about inspections.

Rock on!

Formula One I had some crazy rainbow effects with polarized glasses (think it was a semi-metallic), I've been using Llumar ceramic and haven't had the same issues. My installer doesn't use Suntek CXP, the reviews I've read sound great though.

I have between 8% (expedition) and 15% (mazda6) rears, 30% fronts (legal is 25% tint+glass, 30%+ glass ends up being around 27%), and no windshield. They started cracking down about 5 years ago by including it in the inspection, otherwise I'd be at 15% all around.

Had some friends that did limo in the front (pre-inspection crackdown), reading street signs at night was a PITA.

edit to add: well 15% all around, and at least something on the windshield. I have thought about doing a 100% film on the windshield though to cut down glare, but I only wear polarized sunglasses and that makes a huge difference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back