Sumo Springs

I tow 25 ft 6000 lbs travel trailer with my 22 Silverado. By the way, the 4 cyl turbo w/8 speed does awesome (better than my old 4.8 V8 w/ 4 speed). Everything is within spec numbers wise. I am getting major rear end squat (generator and bikes ride in pickup bed). This is despite a properly tuned weight distribution hitch. When fully decked out I am still in the clear on payload/axle rating/gvwr/gcwr. I was considering heavier duty springs for the rear end, but then stumbled upon Sumo Springs. Anyone have any experience with them? The concept seems ideal for me since I tow only a few times per year.

What's better SumoSprings vs Timbrens?
In super-cold weather, SumoSprings' gas-infused polyurethane springs become brittle and break down. Timbren's rubber springs, on the other hand, can handle extreme temperatures. Not only that, SumoSprings aren't meant to handle heavy-duty and severe-service applications.

I don't know, I just googled this. I'd love to see a side by side comparison.

Are these Sumos just blocks of foam?

ride-rite airbags in mine. inflate to 18psi when I tow and drop to 5psi without the trailer.

1689704562510.jpg

I've Installed sumo springs with good results, but I didn't install them to fix squatting. The sumo springs make sprinter vans ride better up front, because they take some weight off of the factory springs and the factory springs really don't flex at all. The sumo springs should help with your squatting but airbags are adjustable

Well, after a long towing trip I had to take the Sumo springs off. If you can believe it, it made the truck/trailer combo feel much more squirmy. I wonder if having load directly on the axle unsprung can lead to this. Anyway, they just weren’t for me.

Back