Suburban Cracked Dashboard Replacement

I have been all over the internet trying to find a replacement dashboard for my 03 Suburban.
I have seen plenty of covers, but my dash is destroyed. There is not enough structure left to attach a skin to.
Anyone know of a source to get replacement dashboards?
I imagine junk yards might be one source, but last I checked (several years ago) the Suburbans were not a common junk yard model.
My hope was to find a source online to just order a replacement, or an aftermarket source.

IMHO-you are going to find it next to impossible to find a new 20 year old dashboard. It would seem some custom fabrication to be able to mount a DASH COVER is more viable. Good luck however.

I have been all over the internet trying to find a replacement dashboard for my 03 Suburban.
I have seen plenty of covers, but my dash is destroyed. There is not enough structure left to attach a skin to.
Anyone know of a source to get replacement dashboards?
I imagine junk yards might be one source, but last I checked (several years ago) the Suburbans were not a common junk yard model.
My hope was to find a source online to just order a replacement, or an aftermarket source.

Doesn't need to be a Suburban, Any '03-'06 GMT800 Dash will fit assuming you're speaking of the top cover, I think the '99-'02 might fit as well?

GMT-800's aren't really known to have issues with the dash cover until you try to remove it & bust the clip off that hold it down along the windshield, This can be repaired.

Here you go:

Those are covers. OP is concerned they will not mount to a crumbling existing dashboard.

Doesn't need to be a Suburban, Any '03-'06 GMT800 Dash will fit assuming you're speaking of the top cover, I think the '99-'02 might fit as well?

GMT-800's aren't really known to have issues with the dash cover until you try to remove it & bust the clip off that hold it down along the windshield, This can be repaired.
Thanks, I may need to expand my search to include other models, but still looks like junk yard search. Not finding anything aftermarket or online.
Every older Suburban I have looked at here in Florida has this issue, must be a UV/heat thing...hence the market for the dash covers I guess.

Went to a junk yard today and found one intact from a pickup. Looks the same, hopefully it will fit.
3 of the clips broke on removal (the plastic portion that holds the clip on closest to windshield).
How do you repair them? I am thinking some thickened epoxy should do the trick.

I'd look for a good used one. Preferably in the correct color.

If an overlay isn't an option, you're going to have to have the existing pad restored (expect pricing be crazy, but the dash will probably outlast the vehicle). This is only one place I know of. I'm sure there are others.

Last edited:
In my two 96 dodge trucks, one has an original dash that is perfect, the other higher mileage one has a bunch of cracks, which resulted in a piece being loose up there. It’s hard plastic.

I drilled small holes at mating points (carefully as it can cause more cracking), and used epoxy putty to mechanically couple the pieces. Then I found a US made carpet dash cover that was almost a perfect match. It’s lightweight and stays in place pretty well.

I’m a stickler for crack free dashboards, and have not bought older cars over that. But on the ram, it really works ok and frankly I can’t hardly even notice that it’s on the dash.

I’d highly recommend you consider securing the cracked parts and trying a custom cut carpet cover. There are fancy ones out there, don’t think they’re worth it. Less is more as long as it’s a quality cut and fit.

Look at junkyards in a state up north like Maine or maybe Canada.

I had a 1999 Dodge Ram pickup with a few cracks. Bothered me but not enough for me to repair it.

Back