subaru mechanics 02 subaru legacy help

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a 02 legacy gt 5spd w/95k. earlier in the summer it started running vary bad. have no problem starting it. it starts and runs when cold. it is after it gets to operating temp is when the problems start. starting out on a small grade from a dead stop just easing the clutch out it will fall flat on its face. have to get the rpm's up for it to go and then it will jerk real bad. even driving it when cold you can tell it is not just rite. when warm the idle is low around 600rpm and can hear a miss. i put new napa belden wires on and it ran worse and that is when the light came on in the dash. had friend come over with his scanner and showed missfire on all 4 cylinders. i changed fuel filter, had fuel pressure checked, new subaru plug wires,ngk plug, swapped out the ecu and crank position sensor, coil,throttle position sensor no luck. it has been 3 months now and i need to get this fixed before the weather starts turning bad.

cold it starts rite up idle is hi the dropps like normal it is after i drive it around the block & up to temp is when it gets worse. it has had o2 sensors go bad before and the cel always came on. there is no light on now.

Last edited:
i had a friend that had one and it turned out to be the fuel injectors or i should say 2 of them
You can test them with an ohm meter i am not sure what resistance they should be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back