Subaru EX30

Im currently fixing a 6kw Blackmax generator with a 9.5 hp Subaru EX30 engine. The carb was beyond salvageable with all the corrosion inside, so I ordered one on Ebay, which I assume is a Chinese one, it was very cheap. I got the new one on, changed the oil with some Delvac 15W40, and cranked it up last night around 8. It ran fine and I shut it off this morning around 6 and when I checked the oil after it sitting for about half an hour, the oil was flowing out the dipstick tube and reeked of gas. Is it the cheap carburetor that is diluting the oil with fuel? Anything I can adjust on the carb? I bolted it on, hooked up the linkages and it started up and ran fine all night.

Check the floats in the float bowl are moving ok and when floating they are stopping the flow of fuel.

gas isnt shutting off usually related to the float or needle valve but I'm not a small engine expert. I just work on my OPE.

The float is probably stuck or non functional being a cheap imported carburetor. I have to replace the carb on mine and worried about having issues like that.

With that said, most do have a fuel shutoff to prevent exactly this.

Im currently fixing a 6kw Blackmax generator with a 9.5 hp Subaru EX30 engine. The carb was beyond salvageable with all the corrosion inside, so I ordered one on Ebay, which I assume is a Chinese one, it was very cheap. I got the new one on, changed the oil with some Delvac 15W40, and cranked it up last night around 8. It ran fine and I shut it off this morning around 6 and when I checked the oil after it sitting for about half an hour, the oil was flowing out the dipstick tube and reeked of gas. Is it the cheap carburetor that is diluting the oil with fuel? Anything I can adjust on the carb? I bolted it on, hooked up the linkages and it started up and ran fine all night.
I have a 5kw Coleman Powermate with a 10 hp Subaru EX30 engine. I replaced the carb
about 3 years ago with a cheap Chinese card. It didn't run any better than the one I replaced.
I bought an original Subaru carb and it's been running great since.

Back