STP oil treatment

Very interesting! So SN levels of ZDDP (so it isn't boosting that at all) a lot of calcium and holy viscosity batman! 57.7cSt????? To put that into perspective, the upper limit for SAE 60 is 26.1cSt, it's more that DOUBLE that! It is approaching the upper limit for SAE 250 gear lube.
STP IS really thick.

I remember using it in my '89 Subaru - it was like pouring honey.
That’s why we always called it MOTOR HONEY back in the 70s.......Guaranteed to stop that 2 qt a week 🤥 oil burning habit or make it faster than a speeding bullet🙄. Well at the least it made you feel a bit better for that $2 you wasted. I use it to lube bullet cases when I’m reloading so at least it’s good for something.

Andy Granatelli (sp)

STP. Studibaker Packard.

Back in the days cars had an Oil Pressure Gauge, I traveled long distances, my oil pressure would fall to near zero when I had to stop at a light. I would use it in my 1970’s cars and the oil pressure would stay at a more normal level at idle.

Thirty years ago, STP came in three flavors.

BLUE Bottle. Same thick as today.

BLACK and RED Bottles. Can’t remember exactly except one of them was NOT thick, Don’t remember about the other.

I think the Red Btl wasn't quite as thick but still thick...

Isn't it said.. If oil needs thickening, use some kind of 40 or 50-grade motor oil AS your Motor Honey/STP/Lucas ??

My uncle had a used car lot. I remember him buying it by the case back in the day. He even used it in problem automatic transmissions.

Nothing to do with Nazis. Developed in 1954.
"Scientifically Treated Petroleum".
Studebaker-Packard did not buy STP until 1961

Nothing to do with Nazis. Developed in 1954.
"Scientifically Treated Petroleum".
Studebaker-Packard did not buy STP until 1961
I want to treat carefully due to the subject matter, but wasn't there much technology brought over from I.G. Farben?

Back