STP Oil at Autozone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say that AZ has had Mobil 1 Annual Protection 5qt container and a Mobil 1 oil filter for $44.95. cheaper than Wally at $50. Valvoline Advanced full synthetic 5 qts and a 10k mile filter $26.99. Cheaper than Wally World $32= Valvoline at $25 and a TG for $7. Or even on their roll back that combo is $29. Even the AZ or AAP Valvoline or Castrol deals at $29.99 with a filter is cheaper than Wally World as well or just the same exact price if Wally World has the oil for $21.97 on the roopty Doo roll back.

One thing I find funny though is that the conventional oil sales at AZ or AAP are not good at all in comparison with their synthetic oil deals. It doesn't make sense that their conventional Valvoline oil deal with the regular STP filter is $24. And yet one can get the Valvoline Modern Engine full synthetic and a STP XL oil filter for $26.99. There Wally World beats it easily. $17 for the Valvoline and $4 for Fram orange = $21. That's just dumb as all get out in my opinion.

Having said that.... Castrol Magnatec full synthetic 5w30 on sale at Walmart for $17.88 is a really good deal. For a oil that has proven (by UOAs done on here) to hold up better than any other oil in GDI motors or turbo boosted motors. That's stout oil there. Get that and a TG for $25 or with the Fram orange can at $22... Now that's worth crowing about. Add to this... Mobil Super for $14.47 everyday price and a Fram orange = $19. Another very good deal I will say. Beats $24 at AZ or AAP fo shizzle. If one likes Havoline DS $13.24 and a Fram orange= $18. Or with a Fram TG = $20. I have gotten the Mobil Super and Fram EG 7317 deal from Wally World. These deals I prefer Walmart for. If I'm in the mood for a synthetic oil deal... AZ or AAP usually is good enough due to the numbers I know where they typically are at.

Last edited:
In my area AZs... Mobil Extended Performance oil and Mobil 1 filter =$35.

Wally World would be oil equaling $28.58+ Mobil 1 filter 9.98= basically $38.

If Wally World has the EP on roll back then it's $35.

Hmmmm let me think about that. Deal with Walmart and it's mass of humanity, walk forever to even get where I want to go.... Deal with world champions (aka all the people in there) or... Go into AZ where it's literally 500% less walking, no where near the number of world Champions, and be in and out in less than 5 minutes, without having to deal with the stupid parking lot and local road set up near the Wally World shopping area... That's an easy call for me.

Ohh and I will say that no one who works for AZ has ever been trifling to deal with. They have been just fine to deal with in fact.

Last edited:
Yes, going to WM is a miserable experience. If you just need a few things, then it is best just to go to AZ. The Wal-Martians (customers) and the employees that show up to work and were hired because they have a pulse can be a pretty bad deal.

As for FRAM, I don't think the orange can is all that great but I am fine with an upgraded model. I have seen too many tests and analyses done on the orange can and they just look too cheaply made. Some had holes which allowed the oil to bypass unfiltered. I would pick a TG or one of the better models but the basic orange is not for me.

I get Mobil 1 EP with the filter for a pretty good price at WM and then get a $17 rebate or whatever. I get 4x of those rebates per year. It is worth braving the nutcase employees and toothless people with purple hair to get a good deal on oil 4 times a year. I usually buy two oils at a time as they allow two rebates in the spring and two in the fall so that prevents me from having to go back anytime soon. I needed some hydrostatic fluid for one of my mowers and it called for 15W50 synthetic so I picked that up in Mobil 1 as well. I got a filter in the deal even though it wasn't required for my application and just got whatever one I was lowest on at the time.

Conor

I'm also interested to hear others experiences using either STP Conventional 5W20 or the STP SYN Full Synthetic 5W20 ...These are what my mechanic stocks and i'm considering using them on my new(ish) 2017 Jeep Patriot.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: wemay
I recently purchased some STP 5w40 A3/B4 for the Hyundai turbo. At $26/5qts, i can't complain. Especially when AZ often has oil+filter sales.

Here's a little sale I saw at AZ just last week

I'm beginning to wonder why I go in that place they never have a good sale I've seen.

I say the same thing. It makes waiting for PU at a good price at WMT online worth the wait. Tie it in with a rebate and buy a year supply, what's not to like?

No way I am paying $ 40 a jug for Dexos spec oil . Even if it is reccomended for 15,000 miles . I am going to do an oil / filter change WAY before that .

Oil / filter are cheap insurance .

Originally Posted By: blupupher
Originally Posted By: WyrTwister
Must be regional . Not on sale at our AZ stores .

That sale was last month.

Oh ...............

AZ has a great special going on right now...

STP SYN + STP extended perf oil filter + STP engine air filter for $32.99.

Good to know the Koreans provide us with inexpensive air filters.
My Colorado air filter starts at $17, any trip I take to a nearby brick & mortar store. I doubt AZ will give me that $32.99 deal.

I did find one at RockAuto for $9. But when I added their ridiculous shipping, I didn't save a wooden nickel.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bbhero
In my area AZs... Mobil Extended Performance oil and Mobil 1 filter =$35.

Wally World would be oil equaling $28.58+ Mobil 1 filter 9.98= basically $38.

If Wally World has the EP on roll back then it's $35.

Hmmmm let me think about that. Deal with Walmart and it's mass of humanity, walk forever to even get where I want to go.... Deal with world champions (aka all the people in there) or... Go into AZ where it's literally 500% less walking, no where near the number of world Champions, and be in and out in less than 5 minutes, without having to deal with the stupid parking lot and local road set up near the Wally World shopping area... That's an easy call for me.

Ohh and I will say that no one who works for AZ has ever been trifling to deal with. They have been just fine to deal with in fact.

That deal with AZ only works if you only buy 5qts. The math does not work past this such as with my 8 quart oil change on my Silverado.

Yes, that's correct, a great deal for anyone needing 5qts or less.

Screenshot_20190526-172140_Chrome.jpg

Originally Posted by wemay
Yes, that's correct, a great deal for anyone needing 5qts or less.

Yeah I just did a Super Tech synthetic high mileage oil change on the Silverado with 8 quarts and a filter for around $38. I can live with that.

I picked up some 10W-30 STP Syn HM this past winter for $10 (5QT jug) on clearance, I'm sure it's good enough for any application. I'd of cleaned them out if they had any 5W-20/30 syn for that price....

However... Buy two of those deals... Price is still not all too shabby.

But if you love the world champions at Wally World... Go for it
lol.gif

Though I have to say now that Havoline high mileage and the Havoline Pro DS are now at Wally world champion Stores... I will go there at times... Because I do like Chevron Havoline that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back