storage of burner coil for hot/cold pressure washe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have undone the hoses and pushed the pressure washer antifreeze through the pump. Now I am dealing with the burner coil. The inlet and outlet are both on the top. I poured 2 gallons of pink antifreeze into it and the stuff coming out was just plain water. Got tired of that so I used air and blew another 1/2 gallon of water before it changed to pink. So do I keep the burner coil filled with pink stuff to the top to prevent rust? Or it does not really matter.

I keep methonal in mine for antifreeze cause i use my machines in the winter as well. If i was you id cap the bottom and fill it up with rv plumbing anti freeze. The rust bits are a pain in the butt when they clog your nozzle for a month.

Originally Posted By: abycat
I keep methonal in mine for antifreeze cause i use my machines in the winter as well. If i was you id cap the bottom and fill it up with rv plumbing anti freeze. The rust bits are a pain in the butt when they clog your nozzle for a month.

Mine has no bottom, only 2 tops. I can add more of the pink stuff to keep it filled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back