Still missing one safety feature

Either a blinker volume that increases over time and is maybe also tied into ambient sounds or is adjustable (louder only) and/or seat buzzer for turn signals. You know, for the citizens that are becoming forgetful and hard of hearing, or others with the tunes up loud.. Had to remind my Dad all the time. They have tried to make driving safer every other way but missed this one. I put a seat buzzer under my motorcycle seat because the blinker dash light was not in my line of sight and I forgot it a few times. Bought 2 small Pillow Vibrator little motors that ran on 12 volts and wired them into the turn signals, one motor for each side to keep it simple. Cut out a little foam and stuck them there. Been working for years.

Adjustable height steering wheel so the driver can see the entirety of the dash works.

broadcasting emergency stop from the car in front to the back wirelessly, so to trigger the emergency braking without human involvement, to avoid rear end crashing

broadcasting emergency stop from the car in front to the back wirelessly, so to trigger the emergency braking without human involvement, to avoid rear end crashing
That one actually is in R&D. There is a frequency band allocated specifically for inter-car safety communication like this.

Ultimately it is intended to make tailgating automatic and safe, which increases the number of cars per hour possible on a road.

For decades GM cars will sound another dinger if you drive for more than a certain distance with your blinker on, I think it's a 1/4 mi.

People will just get a false sense of safety and tailgate even worse than they do already. The "winners" will be people with stickier tires than average.

Back