STIHL blower 23 year review

Many of those fancy websites have 30 day and 1 year reviews. Today I started up my Stihl BR400 for the 8 millionth time (not sure, just guessing). I DID buy this blower new in 1998 or 99, not sure which. I used it in my commercial lawn care biz where it saw daily use, sometimes 4-5 hours per day in leaf season. I sold my lawn biz in 2005 (6 or 7 years into the Stihl's life) and sold most of my equipment at the same time.
This blower has been used approximately 25 times a year since. Total maintenance includes 1 fuel filter, 2 spark plugs, 2 chinacarbs, 4 or 5 air filters, and a couple of hours to remove muffler and scrape out the exhaust port. Thats it.
It still starts on the 4th pull and runs perfectly. I expect this machine to still be running when I die.

Pic

20211113_124705.jpg

Many of those fancy websites have 30 day and 1 year reviews. Today I started up my Stihl BR400 for the 8 millionth time (not sure, just guessing). I DID buy this blower new in 1998 or 99, not sure which. I used it in my commercial lawn care biz where it saw daily use, sometimes 4-5 hours per day in leaf season. I sold my lawn biz in 2005 (6 or 7 years into the Stihl's life) and sold most of my equipment at the same time.
This blower has been used approximately 25 times a year since. Total maintenance includes 1 fuel filter, 2 spark plugs, 2 chinacarbs, 4 or 5 air filters, and a couple of hours to remove muffler and scrape out the exhaust port. Thats it.
It still starts on the 4th pull and runs perfectly. I expect this machine to still be running when I die.

Stihl has always made fantastic equipment. Only a very few duds in the lineup.

Thanks.

it pays to buy quality stuff IMO. I have a Stihl chainsaw and love it. Glad you have gotten so many years of use out of it.

just my $0.02

The majority of its life I used Amsoil that said you could mix it 100:1...i usually kept it around 50:1 or 75:1. I finally ran out of the amsoil and now I just run Sthil or echo 50:1 . I have an echo weedeater that is just as old and still runs.

Back